GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roof Rack removal kit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
olredalert

Roof Rack removal kit Empty
PostSubject: Roof Rack removal kit   Roof Rack removal kit Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 1:22 pm

----Does anyone out there have an unused roof rack removal kit. I have seen pics and can mould them if there is enough interest. But I still need a kit for my 1995 Caprice longroof!

----Contact me at 810-420-04 three 1.....Bill S
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack removal kit   Roof Rack removal kit Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 3:22 pm

Saw one on eBay not too long ago. Almost bought it but don't really like how it looks. Just some big fiberglass chunks that bolt on in place of the factory parts using the same mounting holes.

Easier to just tear it all off and fill in the holes.

Back to top Go down
olredalert

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack removal kit   Roof Rack removal kit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 3:11 pm

----You really can't do that as there is a 3/4 inch deep channel four feet long underneath the side rails. Someone must have an unused kit around.....Bill S
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack removal kit   Roof Rack removal kit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 6:09 pm

That's news to me. Both of mine handled the removal just fine.

Roof Rack removal kit PEC64cU

Roof Rack removal kit NNNInxr

Check the for sale section over at ISSF, I believe someone over there has a set for sale. I stopped going there in Jan though so they may be gone. Worth a look though if you want a set Smile

olredalert and Wojtek like this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack removal kit   Roof Rack removal kit Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 7:17 pm

The channels do not require being filled to the top. I would not look odd with the sealant replaced to near the top of the channel. It will also stop the water from dripping out of the cargo bay grab handles.
Back to top Go down
olredalert

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack removal kit   Roof Rack removal kit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 9:30 am

----Nice ride, 94 Woody! Did you take out the headliner so as not to damage it when filling the holes? Can you enlighten me on ISSF?.....Bill S
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack removal kit   Roof Rack removal kit Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 5:49 pm

olredalert wrote:
----Nice ride, 94 Woody! Did you take out the headliner so as not to damage it when filling the holes? Can you enlighten me on ISSF?.....Bill S

Headliner was removed on the 94. My current 95 just has silicone covering the holes.

ISSF.   www.impalassforum.com The place to go for 90s B bodies. Well, the place is nearly dead now. Vast majority of the membership has moved to Facebook or sold their cars. Still, there is a TON of info there and a couple of good people that still answer most questions.
Back to top Go down
jxdrl

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack removal kit   Roof Rack removal kit Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 11:55 pm

I removed my removal kit. It's silver metallic now but has a couple chips.

I can grab pictures if you're still interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roof Rack removal kit   Roof Rack removal kit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roof Rack removal kit
Page 1 of 1