GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trans cooler lines

Go down 
+3
Rev Bob
Fred Kiehl
Ewotha2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ewotha2

Trans cooler lines Empty
PostSubject: Trans cooler lines   Trans cooler lines Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 9:24 pm

Hello guys,
I'm trying to find a lower trans cooler line but am not having much luck.  I believe it is GM PART 10270307 and 10270308. I can find the other lower one (GM 10269710) but not that one.

Has anyone else used a braided line or been able to find some other replacement?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Trans cooler lines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans cooler lines   Trans cooler lines Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 9:37 pm

You can use braided line, but you will probably need adapter fittings to screw into the trans and radiator. You may need a couple of hangers to keep it above the bottom of the car.

Ewotha2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

Trans cooler lines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans cooler lines   Trans cooler lines Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2021 11:08 pm

You might try a local hydraulic hose place, like the guys who fabricate hoses for bulldozers etc. They can probably duplicate the fittings on the hose you have.

Ewotha2 and Wojtek like this post

Back to top Go down
booster

Trans cooler lines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans cooler lines   Trans cooler lines Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 7:02 am

Going to -6AN braid is not all the hard to do, but can get pretty expensive as it isn't cheap stuff. The hare some private label brands that are out there now that have been said to have variable quality but are less expensive. Hardest part is probably the supporting of it to prevent sagging.

I am in the process of doing the -6AN swap on the power steering lines in the 96 RMW along with the drivetrain upgrade.

Ewotha2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ewotha2

Trans cooler lines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans cooler lines   Trans cooler lines Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 8:21 am

Could a brake line work as long as the right fittings were on each end?
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

Trans cooler lines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans cooler lines   Trans cooler lines Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 8:23 am

Yes - I use 3/8" ni-cu (Nickel Copper) for trans cooler lines. Works great, easy to form, low cost, no rust/corrosion, etc

Fred Kiehl, Ewotha2, Wojtek and BobD like this post

Back to top Go down
kurtibm

Trans cooler lines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans cooler lines   Trans cooler lines Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 10:45 am

https://classictube.com/product/chevrolet-impala-ss-transmission-lines-sold-in-pairs-1996-2/

I believe they used to have P/N IBT1015-SC in their catalog, which is a FIVE piece set. You might contact them to see if they still have it, or will make it up for you.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Trans cooler lines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans cooler lines   Trans cooler lines Icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2021 11:48 am

I would just use the original one as a template, and bend one out of brake line.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

Trans cooler lines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans cooler lines   Trans cooler lines Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 3:20 pm

Inline Tube 800 385 9452 shows a listing Product # CFT 9102 $55.00/SCFT 9102 $83.00 (stainless) I've dealt with this company ( my replacement brake lines for the wagon just recently )bought a lot of stuff good people quality products that fit .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trans cooler lines Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trans cooler lines   Trans cooler lines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trans cooler lines
Page 1 of 1