GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

That 70's Show Spinoff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonwagon

That 70's Show Spinoff Empty
PostSubject: That 70's Show Spinoff   That 70's Show Spinoff Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2021 1:07 pm

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/netflix-70s-show-90s-show-1235028583/

Netflix is doing a spinoff of That 70's show but set in the 90's.  The actors who originated Red and Kitty will be back in those roles.  Other casting decisions have not been announced yet.

Considering that the Vista Cruiser was a major character in the original series, should they:

- Keep the original Vista Cruiser as part of the new show (Wilmer Valderrama bought it from the prop department when the original series ended)?
- Update to an 80's longroof box, so that the car will have about the same aging relative to the timeframe of the new series?
- Update to 90's OCC or RMW because a vista roof is a critical plot device?
- Be written out of the show, sort of like when an actor who plays a memorable character leaves or dies and the showrunners decide not to recast? Like in Cheers, when the actor who played Coach died, they went with a new character, Woody.  (Or is "Woody" a stealth vote for another station wagon?)

That 70's Show Spinoff I047106
Back to top Go down
K2013

PostSubject: 1991-1996 B-Wagon or similar named person   That 70's Show Spinoff Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 8:00 pm

Hmmm... Not sure about the reboot or the original. After all, who would want to watch a show about the 1970s (or the 1990s, for that matter  That 70's Show Spinoff 1f600 )? That said, my vote would be for a 1991-1996 GM longroof, or a character whose actual name is a slur on the model designation of one of the cars (Remi = Roadmaster; Cari = Caprice; Kenny = Custom Cruiser).
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: That 70's Show Spinoff   That 70's Show Spinoff Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 8:44 am

I never watched one episode. I believe I had moved on from sitcoms by that point in my life....
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: That 70's Show Spinoff   That 70's Show Spinoff Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 11:30 am

I'd say either a 90's cc or RMW, or if they can't get the original vista cruiser back get one that they can write in as the original but that's being restored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That 70's Show Spinoff   That 70's Show Spinoff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That 70's Show Spinoff
Page 1 of 1