GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best car of show!

Go down 
+4
MalibuSSwagon
Mark 96 Roady
pagroundhog
lamune
8 posters
AuthorMessage
lamune

lamune

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 10:24 pm

Well, not really, but I was just glad to be able to make it this year!

Best car of show! 7d2_1310
Back to top Go down
pagroundhog

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 1:51 am

Sweet. I pick up my 96 in a week. Adriatic/Adriatic, cast wheels, woody 24,000 chauffeur driven miles, Dog transport and grocery getting, winter use 4 times to get dogs to shore over Christmas. I kid you not.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 1:18 am

24k miles! Nice. Sounds like there were some lucky dogs but you may be the luckiest dog of all! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 12:13 am

Lamune, nice looking car! What are those wheels from? They look a little like early 90's Cadillac FWD wheels.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 12:58 am

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
Lamune, nice looking car! What are those wheels from? They look a little like early 90's Cadillac FWD wheels.

They are apparently from a Caprice. Not the Impala, as the guy who I got the car from thought they were. They're not bad, I would have been happier with the Buick wheels but these hold the tires on just as well. Smile

95 Caprice wheels
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 9:52 am

It's funny, most times "wrong" wheels look weird, but in your photo they look great. Maybe its the dark color of your car with the polished wheels, but I really like it.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 1:33 pm

They look way better than Roadmaster wheels
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
It's funny, most times "wrong" wheels look weird, but in your photo they look great. Maybe its the dark color of your car with the polished wheels, but I really like it.

Thanks Mark. Their condition is pretty good for them being 20 years old. I just washed them, nothing special. Certainly not very well polished Smile

I'm not sure if those wheels were available on the Caprice wagon. Still a B body, so it's not too far off!
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 8:54 pm

Like most GM aluminum wheels, they probably have that clearcoat that dries out and gets funky after too much washing with harsh cleaners......The clearcoat can be stripped with acetone, but doing those wheels would be a challenge......
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
lamune

lamune

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 9:58 pm

AzDon wrote:
Like most GM aluminum wheels, they probably have that clearcoat that dries out and gets funky after too much washing with harsh cleaners......The clearcoat can be stripped with acetone, but doing those wheels would be a challenge......

It wouldn't be too hard on these- if it ever had the paint on the embossed parts, it's long gone.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 5:13 pm

There is a nice 1994 Caprice LS sedan on ebay right now with those same wheels. Mystery solved.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 5:42 pm

I didn't know this was a mystery. Those were optional wheels for 91-96 Caprice sedans.
Back to top Go down
pagroundhog

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 6:31 pm

Kelsey-Hayes ? 60 Spoke.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Mom's Florida 1991 has those wheels. The spare is another full size lace aluminum wheel. Never been out of the trunk, it's beautiful. Three more and someone would have a nice set!
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 11:51 pm

Your car looks very nice.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2015 12:34 am

bamalongroof wrote:
Your car looks very nice.

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best car of show! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best car of show!   Best car of show! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best car of show!
Page 1 of 1