GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Delphi fuel pump

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
booster

New Delphi fuel pump Empty
PostSubject: New Delphi fuel pump   New Delphi fuel pump Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 2:42 pm

Lining up the winter stuff to do and decided now that almost everything else in the RMW is new, probably the most likely to leave me by the side of the road is the fuel pump.  It is unknown age but I have had the car 8 years so getting old for sure.

I read all the discussions about the hose failures on what was otherwise a good pump from Delphi and also about the Sprectre being good.  Spectre appears to be sold out everywhere except maybe ebay and that can get a bit scary with all the fake stuff around these days.

The Delphi pumps were also getting scarce so ordered on from Amazon and it just showed up.  Opened the box to check the hose length, etc before ordering one and to my surprise the pump seems to have the good hose on it.  Clamps appear tight and even have what are probably inspection lines on them from an inspection check. Don't see any obvious build date on it, though.

New Delphi fuel pump Delphi10

rcktpwrd and Wojtek like this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: New Delphi fuel pump   New Delphi fuel pump Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 8:53 pm

The clear corrugated hose is not a reliable hose. There are others available that will be more reliable.
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: New Delphi fuel pump   New Delphi fuel pump Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 9:23 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
The clear corrugated hose is not a reliable hose. There are others available that will be more reliable.

Got a link?

I understand that there are a couple of kinds of this type of hose, in particular that there is the, actually more common at local stores I think, ones that are the "vapor rated" versions that are for the vapor recovery applications.  There are also the "fuel" pressure rated versions that are specified for in tank pump applications.  I had looked around for hoses before I got the pump and saw both versions in the milky color like on this pump and in black on websites.  

This hose is not marked with rating or type so it is unknown for sure which it is, but it does seem relatively thick and solid.  Another poster had mentioned the hose on the Spectre pumps was pretty fragile and required a lot of care installing, and I wouldn't describe this one as being that fragile, but without seeing side by side it is impossible to judge for certain.

Here is a link to a place that shows fuel and pressure rated versions in milky and black.

Hose link

Here is a hose recommended by another member

Hose black from Goodies

Same style hose from same vendor in white and different length

Hose milky from Goodies
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: New Delphi fuel pump   New Delphi fuel pump Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 10:47 am

Is it a TBI or LT1 fuel sender?

That hose will work just fine. It is the same hose I put on my Delphi sender over 2 years ago. Any fuel submersible rated corrugated hose will work just fine. They won’t get mushy and they won’t blow out. Only possible issue is if the hose is too stiff because it could crack when placing the assembly into the fuel tank.

Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: New Delphi fuel pump   New Delphi fuel pump Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 10:53 am

1996 RMW LT1.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

PostSubject: Re: New Delphi fuel pump   New Delphi fuel pump Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 11:04 am

from my experience the ones you really have to watch out for with the LT1 cars are the ones with the black rubber line as they will either just split open or they gradually disintegrate as they are either not rated for the pressure required, or are not fuel rated.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: New Delphi fuel pump   New Delphi fuel pump Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2021 2:39 pm

booster wrote:
1996 RMW LT1.

Nice. I’m happy to see they fixed the issue. It will be just fine, drop it in the tank.
Back to top Go down
Capala

Capala

PostSubject: Re: New Delphi fuel pump   New Delphi fuel pump Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2021 8:28 pm

Do you have the link to the Delphi pump you ordered on Amazon? My pump starting going out today. I'm getting 20 psi at idle . Also is this for a 94-96 LT1? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Delphi fuel pump   New Delphi fuel pump Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Delphi fuel pump
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: