GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
68JCode

LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan Empty
PostSubject: LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan   LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2022 2:37 pm

Hi Guys,

Just saw a 1996 Caprice at my local pull a part and considering scavenging some part off of it. Does the Tow Pack mechanical fan setup have any intrinsic value? I did not see it listed on the interchanges and rarities sticky, but I may have missed it. I have the impression that the parts aren't available from the dealer anymore, but I may be wrong. Seems like a fairly easy item to pull and put on the shelf.

Thanks,

Andrew
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan   LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm

The fan belt tensioner is worth grabbing if the bearing isn't wobbling and the pulley isn't cracked.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan   LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2022 7:18 pm

The fan belt tensioner is no longer available. The pulley is usually cracked, or broken, but a working tensioner is still worth pulling. A new bearing and similar pulley should not be hard to find. The tensioners alone will fetch a fair price. There are 2 10 mm head bolts holding it to the bracket. It is a lot easier to remove if you take the fan belt off first.
Back to top Go down
68JCode

PostSubject: Re: LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan   LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2022 11:36 am

Excellent info. Thank you gentlemen!
Back to top Go down
Svelnysr

PostSubject: Re: LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan   LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 6:38 pm

Any chance that you grabbed that tensioner?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan   LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2022 6:46 pm

I have the tensioner. The pulley is broken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan   LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LT1 Tow Pack Mechanical Fan
Page 1 of 1