GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Low coolant level sensor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

Low coolant level sensor Empty
PostSubject: Low coolant level sensor   Low coolant level sensor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2022 9:46 am

My low coolant light came on yesterday. I stopped and checked, it does not appear to be low. Engine temp remains in normal range. I presume I have a sensor or connection problem. Haven't had time to look yet. I presume the sensor is in the coolant tank. Is there a simple test for a bad sensor, or do I just look for a replacement? I have and used my blue driver obd2 reader, it showed last night  coolant temp was stable  between 198 and 205.

Thanks,
Tom
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor   Low coolant level sensor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2022 11:30 am

Tom

That is a very common problem. But, there an easy fix and it doesn't cost anything.

Bang the side of the coolant tank with the side of your fist, several times. Problem should be fixed.

Tom

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor   Low coolant level sensor Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2022 4:36 pm

Thanks Tom
I'll give it a wack tonight

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor   Low coolant level sensor Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2022 9:50 am

Thanks again, all fixed!

silverfox103 and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor   Low coolant level sensor Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 6:54 am

I was like that when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low coolant level sensor   Low coolant level sensor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Low coolant level sensor
Page 1 of 1