GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)

Go down 
+10
95BRMW
81X11
Sprocket
buickestate
BigBlackBeaSSt
Bewber
brokecello
jayoldschool
DBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Empty
PostSubject: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:18 pm

Hey Guys! Yup, some of you know, and some don't, and most don't care either way, but I painted the caddy!!!!!!! Well not "I" specifically, I actually "have a guy" for that. Wink (Thanks Billy!)

Here's some reference pics of what we had to deal with:
So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratRot001

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratRot002

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratRot003

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratRot004

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratRot005

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratRot006

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratRot007

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratRot008

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratRot009

So now that we have a couple before shots, let's get into the "during" shots. Now keep in mind, I was prepared to just shoot over what was there, but Al and Billy talked me out of it. Wink So we decided to take the DA to it and see what happened. Luckily, the quarters were just all old bondo, so we just sanded that off and put some new bondo on there. And by "we," I mean "Billy." lol. We did the same thing for the rocker rot, too.

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux007

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux008

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux010

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux013

The rot around the cornering lights was a different story. Billy stuk his finger right through one of them. oops! He had to weld some metal in there. We were more careful (and hackish) on the other side.
So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux001

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux002

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux003

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux004

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux005

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux006

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux009

And then a ton of masking...
So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux019

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux020

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux021

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux022

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux023

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux024

Cont'd...

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:19 pm

At this point, I gotta say, Billy Mac was really bustin his ass on this for me, and I really, truly appreciate it. He's a great guy and he really did a great job and far exceeded my expectations on what I wanted out of the job... Smile He showed up at 8am on Saturday and didn't leave til just after 7pm! Then he came back SAME TIME Sunday, all the way from Dover, so we could try to finish masking it off and get it sprayed and put back together for the MacMulkin show. Had it not been so humid, we would have accomplished that. All thanks to him. Smile

Anyways... After it was masked, we sprayed it. Right as it started to sprinkle... (I STILL can't believe that phucker fit in my garage!)
So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux025

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux026

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux027

Hmmm.... Not too many pics of that. Must have been the fumes or something. Wink Then we waited a bit, and it wouldn't dry. So we went to the show. I ended up taking the Marshmallow instead. Oh well...

BUT! It was worth the wait! After the show, a bunch of us headed back to my house with dreams of tearing off the tape... Damn. Still tacky! So we waited another hour and I decided to try it anyways. So I started untaping the front fender and then I turned around and everybody was untaping the rest of the car! lol! Guess it's comin' off!!!! Very Happy Thanks for the help with that, guys. Smile

Everybody decided to leave while I was fighting with that damn skirt for about a half hour. I musta been cursing too much or something... But today I did manage to get the bolts on one of the mounts loose and adjusted it up a bit and then the skirt went on just fine. I was really worried, but it worked out!

So here it is... What you've been waiting for... Pics!
So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux028

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux031

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux032

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux033

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux035

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux036

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux037

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux038

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux043

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) CadiratPutsOnaTux045

Man, that thing just looks totally bitchin! I LOVE it!!!! Thank you so much to all that helped, especially you, Billy. Thanks a ton, really. Thanks to Timmy for helping me finish the masking in the morning before the show, and the rest of you badasses for helping me de-mask it and giving me shit along the way. Smile It looks great and I couldn't be happier.

I plan on doing a 1/4" light orange pinstripe to separate the colors and will have that done wednesday night. I think I am also going to get some traditional "Von Dutch" style pinstriping done on the hood, trunk, and c pillars.

All that's left is to weld up the frame and I should be good to go! I can't wait to go drive around in this tank!!! I may take it to work tomorrow anyways... Smile Actually, eff it. I am taking it to the damn grocery store TONIGHT! As soon as I finish typing this up. Smile

Now, the real question is... Leave the top as it is, all cool and rockin' the "patina" or buff that shit out and make that Laquer glow? Smile To help in your decision, I am going to keep running the Caddy hubcaps (have correct rims for rear so I can put the caps on there) and will have full length chrome, corvette style side pipes, too. Will also make the front tires into a wide white with a grinder to match the rears. Then it's done. Well... Tint, and THEN it's done. Well... TINT, and STEREO and it's done. I think. Probably. Maybe. Should I lower it...?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 pm

Wow, quite a transformation. Looks great!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Nice work! Great job for the time investment and the garage. I think a silver would have been a better choice, but what the hell do I know... Wink

Give us rookies some deets on the spray set up. Compressor size/CFM, gun, paint, etc.

Put the two wide whites on one side for now.

I was working on my Caddy today, too. Took it out for a drive, and it is running nice.

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) 018
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 9:50 pm

That is pretty sweet!! Amazing what you guys did... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:30 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Nice work! Great job for the time investment and the garage. I think a silver would have been a better choice, but what the hell do I know... Wink

Give us rookies some deets on the spray set up. Compressor size/CFM, gun, paint, etc.

8 bucks worth of Rustoleum satin white in a quart. Some acetone to thin it to "that looks about right." 20 gallon compressor with whatever psi and moisture it can throw out through a cheap hvlp gravity feed gun. Smile I spent more on the gallon of bondo and tape and plastic than the paint. Wink Total investment will be about 70 bucks when i'm done.

Silver would have looked great, I agree. But it was too "nice" a color for what I am going for. Wink I'm looking for a rot rod/cruiser kind of feel. I think I may go with my tri-bar center spinners and chrome lugs instead of the caddy caps. Maybe paint the wheels gloss black... Or light orange, but that may give it too much of a Cali feel. If I go with the dark blue stripe, I could do the wheels dark blue too... Not sure yet. Gotta see how the orange looks first.

Caddy looks great, Jay. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:39 pm

I'm digginit too bro. I'd like to see something BIG on the hood though.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Bewber wrote:
I'm digginit too bro. I'd like to see something BIG on the hood though.

Like maybe a set of white scallops with orange pinstripes? Wink

(or a mailbox?)

(or a 2.2 sccop?)
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:46 pm

YES - NO - NO

In that order!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:54 pm

Nice work..............
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Looks nice, kinda like a giant albino smurf So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:53 am

Everything needs more orange.

FYI.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 7:31 am

Smurfalicious. and I was expecting flat black..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 10:04 am

Looks good!!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Came out great, nice 2 tone choice.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 1:16 pm

I also love how the order of mods are:

1. Get it looking good.
2. Get it to sound good.
3. Make it safe.

In THAT order! Laughing
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 2:15 pm

John, you know a man has to have his priorities! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 6:18 pm

Bewber wrote:
I also love how the order of mods are:

1. Get it looking good.
2. Get it to sound good.
3. Make it safe.

In THAT order! Laughing

ROFLMAO!!!!! lol!

Uhmmmmm.... Yeaaaaaah. Smile

Hey, I'm getting the frame welded thursday night! Smile

Oh, and I painted the rims gloss black this afternoon and hope to drill and tap them for the 9c1 caps and spinners and get them on there tonight with the chrome lugs after Bella goes to bed tonight. Smile
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Little update: Got my pinstriping today, and it looks pretty close to the color I wanted. Hopefully I can get it on tomorrow afternoon before I head over to Al's shop. Smile

I started drilling the wheels for the 9c1 caps today and MAN! What a pain in the ass! There's a round "bump" on each wheel where the holes have to go, between the lugs, so it's quite a challenge to get the drill to stay centered on my punch mark. Ugh. I got one wheel drilled and 2 and a half holes tapped. Tapping those holes is a total pain in the balls for some reason. I think my best bet is to actually take the wheels off the car to do it. Wink It's just tough to get the tap to keep biting more than a 1/4 turn and the metal is actually fairly thin there, so that isn't helping things... I'll get it done tomorrow night though while Bobby is welding the frame.

Gonna make my wide whites tomorrow night, too. Got the correct discs for my 4" grinder and DA yesterday. Smile

Side pipes came in today, too!!!!
So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) DisturbingThePeace
(hee hee!)

Any idea on how to get the hood, trunk, and roof to oxidize to match the fenders and sides? 2000 grit wet sand?

Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Bill, check Spike TV's website for the trucks show. They recently gave a truck "Faux-tina" so that might help a bit...

However, I do think a wetsand would work. I also think that you could go more aggressive than 2000.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:52 am

Here's a little teaser...

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) ItWorks1

More to come tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:46 am

I love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:43 am

Needs more orange.

Smile

Looks great, though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Yes I know it's dirty. No, I don't know if I'll ever wash it again. Wink

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) ItWorks5

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) ItWorks4

Situation report?
Brakes - Check
Frame - Half Check
Bodywork - Check(ish)
Paint - Check
Rims painted - Check
Spinners - Check
Wide Rallye Trim Rings - Check
Wide Whites (homemade) - Check
Side pipes - Next Week
Tunes - Ordered
Love - Feelin' it

I love this friggin POS. Smile

Thanks for the comments, guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Is the side molding stick on or on clips? If stick on, pull it off.

BTW... NO TINT

Cool
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:04 pm

The molding poke through the metal. Sad Cuz I thought the same thing!

And yeah, I decided to not tint it today, too. That thing SCREAMS fishbowl. Wink

Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Yeah, the side molding on my 71 was like that too. It took lots of body work on the delete...
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:30 pm

It looks awesome with the orange stripe seperating the two colors.

I thought after I put my finger through the fender that we were doomed, but once I got started, I could not stop til it was done. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:47 pm

Needs window tint. Everything does. It makes life easier.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:49 pm

Quote :
Needs window tint. Everything does.

Spoken like a true 19 year-old. Don't worry, Sting, we all used to be the same way. You'll come around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Nah. Spoken like a Floridian who doesn't like to bake in his wagon. Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:57 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Needs window tint. Everything does. It makes life easier.

I tend to agree, but this thing is so low in the the back that the main reason for doing it (headlights in the mirror at night) isn't a problem on this car. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Yeah, I like that too. Just an added benefit.

It would still be an issue here, lots of lowered cars running around in Jacksonville. It was a serious pain in the ass that day I had no rear glass LOL
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:02 pm

NO TINT! NO TINT! NO TINT!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Orange looks awesome! Run a stripe around the chrome wheel trim ring? Something else to "tie it in".
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Love it Bill,looks like a really fun boat to drive.

I just aint feelin the stripe. I think that cadarat green would have been an awesome choice,the bigger the width the better.

cool story as usual .
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:55 am

Krzdimond wrote:
Orange looks awesome! Run a stripe around the chrome wheel trim ring? Something else to "tie it in".

Robert is right, it's just screaming for something to tie it all together like a nice rug......

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) MiamiDolphins

ha ha ha ha ha, I wonder how long it'd be before the car was vandalized if he put those on it....

btw I still haven't gotten over the 'snow plow incident'

btw it looks great!!!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:35 am

billy,. billy billy,. our resident car slut,.. you have a grunge side to your car art,. Smile
definytely entertaining, now for the high beams you might consider adding GE-4594's or GE4509's on a relay(fit right in the holes),. then you'll really be able to see at night with that car too,. Wink

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Damn Nick! That's an AWESOME idea!!!!! I'd never heard of such a thing!!!! You made me Google. Wink I may definately have to try the 4509's... They are 100W at 13 volts where the other ones are 100W at 28 volts. Do they have they same style 2 wire plug or do I have to change it?

And I'm going to pretend I didn't see that Dolphins logo in here. Wink

Last edited by toomanytoyz on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:31 pm

I dislike the Patriots.

Sincerely,
Resident Floridian.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:31 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Damn Nick! That's an AWESOME idea!!!!! I'd never heard of such a thing!!!! You made me Googe. Wink I may definately have to try the 4509's... They are 100W at 13 volts where the other ones are 100W at 28 volts. Do they have they same style 2 wire plug or do I have to change it?

And I'm going to pretend I didn't see that Dolphins logo in here. Wink

they have 2 screws, so you need ring terminal connections use the original wires for trigger for the relays,.
i forgot you need a series parallel to run the 28v ones,.
Nick
also just touch the wheels with a grinder to make a small flat spot for the centre punch,. it'll drill easy then,.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Yeah Nick... And where were you THREE DAYS AGO with these tips??? Wink
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:26 pm

HOT!!!!

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:38 pm

Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:08 pm

Nothing like going in to work with a zoomie hairdo.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:50 am

I kinda like the 65 Impala next to it........
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:09 am

buickestate wrote:
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/ctd/1923692625.html

So how do you get in it without scratching it?

Boo! Caddy FAIL! Painted the chrome BLACK?!?!?!?!? Yuck.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:50 am

I love the blacked out chrome and I LOVE that it didn't have doors.

Why do you need doors on a car that's so low you could stub your nuts on it's windshield anyway?

Officer: Sir, do you have any idea who would have stolen your car?
Owner: No, but we can rule out midgets and fattys right off the the bat.

It's like he tried to make a T-bucket out of a 60's caddy, and DID! Seriously. I love it. I bet we could build something similar for alot less though - and have WAY more fun.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Bewber wrote:
I bet we could build something similar for alot less though - and have WAY more fun.

ah yeah it's called the ratmaster......
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:43 pm

See! I was right!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)   So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I painted the caddy... (That I was just gonna drive around and NOT mod at all!)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next