GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Inconsistent Vibration and Noise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zanethan

Inconsistent Vibration and Noise Empty
PostSubject: Inconsistent Vibration and Noise   Inconsistent Vibration and Noise Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 7:45 pm

I’ve been trying (not very hard though) to track down a noise on the RMM. It’s a inconsistent thud thud thud which can be felt in the floor and stealing somewhat. Largely noticed at highway speeds and most prominent when turning to the left (even just slightly) or braking. I had suspected motor mounts and just replaced those and it’s still there although much improved. It was in an accident, prior to my ownership, resulting in damage to the passenger front area. Im thinking either control arms or sway bar end links at this point. I just replaced all the tie rods and center link as well so I don’t think it’s those.
Back to top Go down
booster

Inconsistent Vibration and Noise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent Vibration and Noise   Inconsistent Vibration and Noise Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 7:56 pm

I had a similar noise in mine for a while but it showed up and lower speeds. I found that the alignment shims had fallen out of the upper control arm on one end which would let it bang.

sherlock9c1 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Inconsistent Vibration and Noise
Page 1 of 1