GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another pricy longroof

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

Another pricy longroof Empty
PostSubject: Another pricy longroof   Another pricy longroof Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 3:20 pm

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Another pricy longroof   Another pricy longroof Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 3:51 pm

It is a very nice car.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Another pricy longroof   Another pricy longroof Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2022 7:35 pm

Pricey is in the eyes of the beerholder. Considering what new and used Prius and Chevy trucks are selling for, it is a double throwdown bargain.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Another pricy longroof   Another pricy longroof Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 7:12 am

1G4BR82P0TR418254 looks great. Claimed to have only 29k miles, and no reason to doubt the claim based on the photos provided. No V92 towing package, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Another pricy longroof   Another pricy longroof Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 9:20 am

""No V92 towing package""

So you dodge the mechanical fan and the higher axle ratio, considered by "some" to be a detriment.

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Another pricy longroof   Another pricy longroof Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2022 2:29 pm

Rev Bob wrote:
"No V92 towing package"

So you dodge the mechanical fan and the higher axle ratio, considered by "some" to be a detriment.

To each his own. Having driven a car with the 2.56:1 gearing, it's not for me. As for the noise of the mechanical fan: I own a 1996 FWB with the V4P trailer towing package (and 3.42:1 gearing), and after almost 5k miles in 6 months, I boldly declare the mechanical fan a non-issue noise-wise. I am very sensitive to undesirable sounds, and have perfect hearing: there ain't any noise made by that fan that I can notice in my car's cabin.
Back to top Go down
Podor

Podor

PostSubject: Re: Another pricy longroof   Another pricy longroof Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2022 11:03 pm

It's a double edged sword. Higher values do make it harder to buy a wagon, but if you already have one it's great. That is super clean, low miles, loaded, and one of the rarest years. I think the B and D LT1 cars will be like the tri 5 Chevys

I have had both and far prefer the tow package. The 2.93 gear and posi far outweigh the mechanical fan, which i don't mind. There is a quite noticeable difference in acceleration. Even if you do a gear swap, you can avoid buying a new posi carrier, which is way more expensive than the mechanical fan delete.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another pricy longroof   Another pricy longroof Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another pricy longroof
Page 1 of 1