GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Squeeky steering wheel on OCC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
roadmasterBlue

Squeeky steering wheel on OCC Empty
PostSubject: Squeeky steering wheel on OCC   Squeeky steering wheel on OCC Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2022 10:50 am

Just picked up my 2nd wagon (1992 OCC). Seems to run pretty good, but two annoying little things. The first is a slightly squeeky steering wheel and the other is the abs brake warning light. Im wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of either of these. It has the 5.7 tbi and 163k. My other wagon is 95 rmw. I bought this to take some the load off the rmw that has been daily driver for years. Now planning to alternate days. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Squeeky steering wheel on OCC   Squeeky steering wheel on OCC Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2022 11:08 pm

ABS may be one of the sensors, or one of the yellow connectors on the wheelhousees. The connectors can be replaced with any watertight two pin connectors.
The sensors could be dirty on the front wheels. Try pulling the disks and cleaning them after checking the connectors.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Squeeky steering wheel on OCC   Squeeky steering wheel on OCC Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 8:44 am

Where is it squeaking? Does it squeak at all times when you move it? How long has the been happening?
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: Squeeky steering wheel on OCC   Squeeky steering wheel on OCC Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2022 10:26 am

roadmasterBlue wrote:
Just picked up my 2nd wagon (1992 OCC). Seems to run pretty good, but two annoying little things. The first is a slightly squeeky steering wheel and the other is the abs brake warning light. Im wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of either of these. It has the 5.7 tbi and 163k. My other wagon is 95 rmw. I bought this to take some the load off the rmw that has been daily driver for years. Now planning to alternate days. Thanks in advance.

easiest to fix the ABS light is to pull the cluster and yank the bulb LOL. its not the right way... and you risk breaking the brittle plastic, but thats what I did.

but probably the better suggestion is to follow Fred's advice
Back to top Go down
roadmasterBlue

PostSubject: Re: Squeeky steering wheel on OCC   Squeeky steering wheel on OCC Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2022 12:02 pm

It only squeaks when turning right. Can replicate just by moving wheel with car off and in park. Sounds like its right in wheel. May be quieting down the more i drive it. It’s been there since i got it
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Squeeky steering wheel on OCC   Squeeky steering wheel on OCC Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2022 1:30 pm

Did you grease the balljoints and tierod ends?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squeeky steering wheel on OCC   Squeeky steering wheel on OCC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Squeeky steering wheel on OCC
Page 1 of 1