GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Empty
PostSubject: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:38 am

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE THIS CAR IS OFF THE MARKET, AT LEAST FOR NOW.

NOTE: Mileage is 146,114, not 114K as in the original topic title!

I will be passing out fliers at Blacktop Nationals here in Wichita today, so I may not be around much.

For pic go to CarDomain, user id BoneSStock. My daughter does NOT come with the car.

More pics at Facebook if you know my whole name. It's the 94 Light Adriatic blue, not the 92 white. I'm friends with Fred and with Bill Crovo on Facebook.

If you have 'Fest '06

I will try to post more, but best way to know this car is to call Fred. I picked it up from him at WF'06; some of u saw it. Fred gave me a written appraisal March '10. I will email that to anyone on tjhe forum if you provide the email address. Too long to just send a message. My request for appraisal is now posted somewhere below.

BASICS

LAB woody
blue leather, non-Limited, has 3rd seat
tow gears
pretty much everything but the ass warmers
my only true Bone Stock B-Body ever. Factory tint, even.
Obviously ready for u to customize

I am asking Fred's EXACT appraisal numbers from 3/10. As I recall I asked Fred to be honest (hey, it's Fred, that's a dumb question anyway) but no need to puff it up.

Ready to roll: $1700 after I put in about $450 of work. (RF brakes, new driver glass, fix driver door panel. BTW there is a body shop that in Wichita that specialized in Roadmasters etc. until it became impossible to make a living that way. He told me a while back he might have an LAB woody door panel. I was there in his heydey and I'd take his word if you ask him. The place shoulda been called Fred Midwest.

As she sits (in the garage): "Closer to $1000." I'd call that $1100. ($1700 less $450 less $150 for the hassle factor.

Since these are The Wagon King's numbers I'd like to stay firm and sell it RTFN. That means $1100, where is. Considering the appraisal I don't expect "as is" to be much of a factor, but if you have any concerns please tell me now, and I will stand behind the sale.

Title is clear (no note) and I'll look for the title in a minute. PayPal preferred.

Feel free to copy and distribute pics and car deatails but not my personal info. Just direct them here or to CarDomain.

EDIT: Will go take a few pics of the naughy bits...

Last edited by Bone Stock on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:09 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : refer to more info later in topic)
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:00 pm

roadmaster.jhawk@neverbox.com -- OK to give to anyone

Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 12:27 pm

Where are you? Where is the car from? Rust? What does the frame and floors look like?

Thanks!
Jason.
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Car and I are in Wichita, KS. I think Fred graded the car a 6, which means it looks like it is from Northern Kansas or parts of Virginia. FRED can help on that I hope.The new car dealership was in New Jersey I think. Parts of NJ are okay if not near the ocean salt.

Got your email, Jay. I think Fred's email (I am forwarding) and the pics I just took will answer all. I need to run get an SD-to USB adapter or it will take all day to upload, find, and save the right pictures.

--JOHN

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Dam, wish this car was closer. I'd be all over it.
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

Where are you?

Let's talk.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 2:05 pm

Bone Stock wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

Where are you?

Let's talk.

Massachusetts. If it were earlier in the summer id have just as easily flown out and driven it home. No time now thou, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:12 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Massachusetts. If it were earlier in the summer id have just as easily flown out and driven it home. No time now thou, unfortunately.

Send Crovo out! Very Happy

But seriously..... PM sent!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 3:44 pm

Can't see pics on FB. Friend request sent.
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Cool. I saw your note and will friend you or whatever. Been on FB abt 2 wks.
Didn't I meet youat 'Fest '06. That photo of your SS looks so familiar...

For the rest, old & new pics will be here soon.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:14 pm

I missed the '06 fest by a month (bought the car in June with vacation time) I don't have an SS....... krzdimond on cardomain....

Back on topic......

miles?

Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

(Yeah it looked like an RMS in the photo but my eyes suck, and I think it is pright where 2 of the sweetest SS's I have ever seen were parked.

Sorry, the miles only appear in the topic title, and because you asked, I noticed that's wrong. Mileage 1s 146,114.

Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 4:47 pm

This is the email I sent Fred. As soon as he says OK, I will post his appraisal.

Mr. Fred Lesinsky
North Star Auto Sales
Waterloo, NY

Hello Fred. I need a trade-in valuation on my car. Since you specialize in Roadmaster wagons and have bought and sold more of them than anyone else in recent years, I come to you.

The car is, with a couple significant changes I will detail later, just as it was when I took delivery from you in August 2006:

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
VIN 1G4BR82P8RR437658

--Standard model (not "Limited")
--Light Adriatic Blue exterior with wood-look trim
--Blue leather interior
--Towing package
--Automatic air conditioning
--Premium AM/FM/Cassette
--55/45 split seat with folding console/armrest
--Power windows
--Power locks
--Dual power seats
--Dual power mirrors
--Power antenna (inoperative)
--Cruise control
--Third seat
--Factory alloy wheels
--Retractable sunshades for Vista roof
--Rear window defogger and wiper
If it's typical, it has it. No heated seats.

Carfax at time I bought it showed no evidence of damage, rebuild, fire, flood, etc. and showed consistent odometer readings.

100% "stock" equipment and appearance

New Jersey car until you acquired it, then Kansas

--Original paint in good condition
--No rust except the typical rust at the tailgate frame (no holes), and very light surface corrosion at a 1.5"x0.25" paint chip along the passenger side A-pillar, and some tiny speckles of oxidation on the black-painted Vista roof frame
--Straight body except for minor wrinkling in a 1'x6" area on the rear passenger side, below the "Roadmaster" logo just above the side moulding. Looks like some damage was hammered or pulled out. It's beneath the faux wood applique, which has some cracks in that area.
--Nice interior with few signs of wear, typical minor creasing in the driver's seat leather, no rips or tears
--Front carpet floor stained in areas typically hidden by mats

I put approximately 10,000 miles on the car since taking delivery, and it now has 146,114 total.

Now for the changes, which are mostly not good news:

--Front right brake totally shot. So worn that it makes a grinding noise and the brake cylinder started leaking.
--Driver's window is shattered from vandalism or an accident when the car was parked on the street.
--Driver's door is pushed in above the side moulding, from the same damage. It is a large area but is confined to the door panel, and I actually did not notice it for months (the missing glass was pretty obvious though), as the car was already parked due to the brake problem. It's just pushed in; no wrinkles or creases and the wood applique is not damaged. Could probably be pulled or pushed out.
--Car has been sitting and not run for somewhere between 1.5 and 2 years. Garaged that whole time though. Ran fine and everything (except the power antenna) worked when parked.
--Same tires but with 10K more miles on them, still quite legal and wearing evenly

Please reply with a trade-in appraisal. You might say a few words about your credentials on this type of car (licensed dealer, about how many of these you've sold) so that "to whom it may concern" will know why I went to someone half a continent away for an appraisal. Reply with this email attached; should save you some typing.

Thanks so much

John
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 5:35 pm

94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET HPIM0334

94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET HPIM0339

94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET HPIM0338

These were all taken in Fall 2007, just after he car went out of daily use and not long before going into the garage to stay.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:25 pm

Sht. bad timing johnny,.12 hrs earlier./ and we,d be making a deal,....

Nick
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Nick, you pick up a replacement already?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 8:57 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Nick, you pick up a replacement already?
Do you reall think i,d be so disrespectful to the OGROTMRR? the poor things fan hasn't barely stopped turning!!

Being a crovo wannabe slut that i am,..see post in "other" section,.

Nick

Nick
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 11:07 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Sht. bad timing johnny,.12 hrs earlier./ and we,d be making a deal,....

Nick

No worries, Nick. I talked today to the guy that sold us my ex's 92 RMW, and he said basically the same thing. He just sold the 96 RMW that be bought when he sold us the 92. Funny, we hadn't talked in almost 3 years.

It's just as well. Blacktop Nationals were fun, and I talked to a few guys. Looks like in the local market, if I just get it so that prospects can drive it (fix the front right brake), I can get a few hundred bucks more with very little spent. My current plan is to do that and see what happens.

I did want to sell one of my vehicles (RMW or Suburban) soon, and had not really settled on which. Then several financial f-ups happened at once, including my employer shorting be 60% on two paychecks in a row! They intend to catch up but it's such a bureaucratic snarl, no one can say when.

I have been talking about selling the Burb and fixing up the RMW for a long time. But since the Burb is on the road, I just had to pretty it up a little to be seen at Blacktop Nats, and in the process I fell in love with it again. That and the fact that I would only have to take a hit of a few hundred bucks to sell the RMW fast, rather than a grand or more to on the Burb, got me thinking I should sell the RMW instead.

I have several other things going, any one or a few of which could help me with the temporary cash flow problem, so I've decided to slow down and do it right. Something (actually someone) tells me that once I fire up that LT1 again, my perspective will change completely. Assuming that's true, and it probably is, I may up selling the Burb after all. Hell, I just prepped it for sale, accidentally.

I could make a pretty damn nice RMW with the money from the Burb, with money left over. Hell I, might even trade the Burb for an RMW plus cash. Now that the rush is off, I hope I can settle on a single plan. That's assuming my cash situation is made right soon. Thanks a bunch, Mr. Employer.

For now, I am taking it off the market.

Since I have never posted pics of this car on a forum before, I am going to go ahead and put up what I accumulated today, then call it a night.

Last edited by Bone Stock on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Doh!)
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 12:46 am

I didn't get any pics underneath the car, so here are a couple of Fred's from the eBay ad:

94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET 5e_3-1

94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET 7c_3

It's been in South Central Kansas ever since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET   94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

94 RMW, nice driver, 146K @ Fred's appraised value. OFF MARKET
Page 1 of 1