GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

18"x8" Torq Thrusts on a '96 Roadmaster

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ckamin

18"x8" Torq Thrusts on a '96 Roadmaster Empty
PostSubject: 18"x8" Torq Thrusts on a '96 Roadmaster   18"x8" Torq Thrusts on a '96 Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 9:22 am

Good morning! I just picked up a low-mileage '96 Roadmaster wagon and wanted to go with a wider tire/aftermarket wheel combo. I'm looking at the Torq Thrust 18"x8" (4.5" backspace) with 255/55R18 tires. The tire size seems to have ample support from the tire industry and, according to tiresize.com, will be a 29" tall tire (compared to 28.3" stock). tiresize.com also puts the tires at 10" wide compared to 8.9" wide for stock.

Any issues with this combo? Thoughts/input?

Thanks!

Carl
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

18"x8" Torq Thrusts on a '96 Roadmaster Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18"x8" Torq Thrusts on a '96 Roadmaster   18"x8" Torq Thrusts on a '96 Roadmaster Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2023 1:07 pm

This looks remarkably similar to a thread on the ISSF. As was said on ISSF, you are not going to have any major issues, but a slightly smaller diameter tire (approximately stock diameter) and a +6 mm offset (4 1/4" backspace) will work a little better. You may have to balance the wheels with tape-a-weights to avoid hitting the steering tierod outside end links. A 4.25" backspace will avoid the worry about putting the balance weights on the wheels.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down

18"x8" Torq Thrusts on a '96 Roadmaster
Page 1 of 1