GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ayilar

ayilar

Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side) Empty
PostSubject: Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side)   Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2023 5:54 pm

I am in the process of replacing the woodgrain vinyl on my 1996 RMW. When removing the trim, the clip at the front of the RHS spear broke. It just would not budge, even with the cornering light out, and eventually it broke.

My new vinyl has arrived from Stripeman for installation, and I need to find a clip (the rest of my spear is in very good condition, so I prefer to get the clip only as opposed to the whole spear -- trim and clips).

--> does anyone have that front-most clip for sale? It is seen in the photo below:

Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side) S-l16011

PS: if anyone knows the part number, I'd be grateful if they could post it here too. I have found the P/N for the whole spear (12504227 , including trim surround and the clips) but not just any of the individual clips.

Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side) 8a2ea710
Back to top Go down
verwachst

verwachst

Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side)   Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 5:19 pm

Hi.  I use a website for part number research that has large "exploded-view" drawings.  Check out
https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/buick/44b-b/ and select topic 12. (Body moldings-sheet metal-rear compartment hardware-roof hardware).  
Two subgroups are called "B35 MOLDINGS/BODY".  Open both and look for your spear trim.  Scroll down all the way to #25 plus the myriad of retainers.  I try to embed pictures here.
Good Luck!

025 MOLDING KIT, F/FDR TRFER FRT FIN - RH (CA, US) B35 (EXC (WB4) 01 12504227 - -
025 MOLDING KIT, F/FDR TRFER FRT FIN - LH (CA, US) B35 (EXC (WB4) 01 12504228 - -
025 SCREW, M4. 2-1. 41X16 RD TH HD C/R CR(F/FDR TRFER FRT FIN MLDG) (CA, US) 11502660 - -
025 NUT, BLIND PUSH, FITS HOLE SIZE 6. 73 DIASTUD SIZE 5. 46 DIA, PLASTIC(F/FDR TRFER FRT FIN MLDG)
(CA, ) 00467653 - -

Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side) Buick_13
Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side) Buick_12
Back to top Go down

Front-most clip holding the woodgrain trim (passenger side)
Page 1 of 1