GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AMH_92

Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same? Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same?   Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 10:25 pm

I'm looking at getting some new floor mats and wondering if the Olds and Buick are the same? My '92 Olds has snaps on the front mats to hold them like the mat places show for '94-'96 Roadmasters but don't offer them for the Olds. The snaps are 2 inches in from the side and bottom edges of the mat and about 13 inches center to center. The rear Buick mats are way bigger than the Olds rear mats offered but they are the same size as my originals?, reason I'd like to go with them. The snaps can be done easily but nice to get them plug 'n play.
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same?   Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 10:43 pm

The ones I got from Lloyd's for my 96 RMW had the snaps on them and they were on a short tether so would fit quite range of locations.

As it turned out, I hated the snaps because of the tethers which let the mats move a lot and get fouled in the gas pedal.

I cut the tethers off and and put in the very useful VW style mat holds that use the screw into the carpet base and a half turn locked piece that you put in the mat. I have used them is several vehicles and they work the best of anything I have seen that you can put in without removing the carpet

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
AMH_92

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same?   Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 8:09 am

Thanks for the quick reply. Tethers? I may just order the snapless mats and do the snaps myself or use those Honda type, good idea.
Now to figure out the blue color, nothing matches the carpeting very well. I have more samples coming, the dark blue is what they say it should be. My original mats do have dark blue edging, maybe the carpet fades with age?
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same?   Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 9:37 am

AMH_92 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Tethers? I may just order the snapless mats and do the snaps myself or use those Honda type, good idea.
Now to figure out the blue color, nothing matches the carpeting very well. I have more samples coming, the dark blue is what they say it should be. My original mats do have dark blue edging, maybe the carpet fades with age?

The carpets fade and also sometimes lose color from aggressive cleaning, I think.

I don't know what the Honda system is, I will have look at the wife's CRV to see. Probably similar to the VW ones.

You probably would be able to get and Olds logo stitched on the mats, at least from Lloyd's you can get most vehicle brands, for a bit more money. I bought the higher quality mats but was still just a bit short of free shipping so I added the Buick logo for very little net difference and it very nicely done.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same?   Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 12:32 pm

The mats are all the same. The color is dark sapphire blue. They like all fabric fade with age.
Back to top Go down
AMH_92

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same?   Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 2:39 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
The mats are all the same. The color is dark sapphire blue. They like all fabric fade with age.
Thanks for the info, I didn't think they would be different but you never know. The difference from stock in the illustrations is the the drivers side mat has a corner cut out under the gas pedal, the originals do bunch up there so maybe they changed them. They don't have the rubber heel pads either, makes no sense because they will wear fast without one unless you drive barefoot, figured I'll get the glue on type.
Back to top Go down
AMH_92

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same?   Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 10:20 am

I got the Roadmaster mats with the snaps and they fit fine. The snaps are the same as the original mats, a little off in placement but work. I ordered a blue heel pad and stuck that on the driver's side. Took less than a week to get them, they came from Auto Custom Carpet, most do no matter where you get them from, just look for the best price with shipping.
Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same? 20230912

GeoffB likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same?   Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster/Custom Cruiser Floor Mats the same?
Page 1 of 1