GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

power window switch?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

power window switch? Empty
PostSubject: power window switch?   power window switch? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 7:01 pm

So the rocker for the drivers window broke and the window was stuck about 2/3 of the way closed... The window would go down but not back up. Pulled the switch assembly and triggered the switch with a small screwdriver to close the window. Is it possible to replace just the rocker? We may take a trip to the junk yard and see if there are any Caprices there and get a new switch assembly. Or I see Rock Auto has several options for a replacement switch assembly.

power window switch? GcvtbeLh
Back to top Go down
BAD_WAG

PostSubject: Re: power window switch?   power window switch? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 11:09 pm

I haven't seen just the rockers for sale. I'm sure someone has some laying around or as you said the junk yard is always a shot.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: power window switch?   power window switch? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 11:38 pm

rcktpwrd and BAD_WAG like this post

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: power window switch?   power window switch? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2023 11:41 pm

94Woody and rcktpwrd like this post

Back to top Go down
BAD_WAG

PostSubject: Re: power window switch?   power window switch? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2023 9:52 am

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: power window switch?   power window switch? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2023 6:17 pm

Yes, the little chrome piece can be changed by itself. It just has two little clips on the sides. Always grab a few when I'm at the junk yard since they fit right in your pocket, lol.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: power window switch?   power window switch? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2023 9:19 pm

They fit all of the paddle switches, although the auto down switch generally has a taller paddle. If the pivot is broken, the black portion can be replaced too.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: power window switch?   power window switch? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2023 9:43 pm

Thanks for the info and ideas!

We will try and hit up the junk yard in the next couple weeks, if nothing is available, I'll order one...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: power window switch?   power window switch? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

power window switch?
Page 1 of 1