GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Empty
PostSubject: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Had a 16-year-old girl in a POS Toyota pull off a side street in front of my wife and kids. Wife said the kid went right through a stop sign. Glad family was in the Burb. Nobody was hurt, thank goodness. Girl said she had just been given the car. The tags and inspection on the Corolla were THREE YEARS expired. No insurance card to be found. Called police. She called her Mom....tears....tickets...such fun. Tried to blame my wife for hitting her....yeah right...

The Sub's front bumper is pushed in, grill and turn signal cracked. No damage to the fender paint...small miracle. Thank goodness the air bags didn't blow.

The girl's Corolla's fender and door are crushed and front wheel was bent in. Suburban pushed the Toyota sideways. Wife drove the Sub home, Toyota towed....hopefully to the impound yard.

Never a dull moment!

Before..
Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? SubBigWheels002

And after trying to drive over a Toyota POS....
Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? RoundRockSaturdayCarShow020

And the dented up Mercury Explorer in the background was just driving by and happened to be in the pic. It was not part of the fun....

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:59 pm

See, multiple layers of carnauba added at least another star to the 'burbs frontal crash rating.

Glad all was OK.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:01 pm

Such fun....got it dirty on the way home which adds to my joy. I'd wash it now but it pisses me off to look at it...

Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? MikesGarage002

Seaching CraigsList for parts already. Lots of GM bumpers out there. I knocked it out some so it's not rubbing the wheel. Fog light didn't crack! Mounting tabs on turn signal below headlight are broken, and grill is cracked.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:13 pm

'Tis but a flesh wound.

Wait, are those cans on the shelf in alphabetical order?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:37 pm

I am looking for wax and white letter tires on the hand truck.Spots on the garage floor circled and numbered according to what kind of spill it is.Give me a while aand I will tink of something else.
Just Kidding Mike
Jim Gordon
PS Finally got some action on those clear headlights,mailing me the UPS pickup sticker and then I will get the headlights with the "REFRACTORS".
Thats what the barely speaking english korean,chinamen,japanese and or tai guy called them!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Ah So! Glad they are getting the right lights to you...hopefully. ; )
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 11:49 pm

And my hand truck raised white letter tires are on order still..... ; )
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 6:26 am

Glad everyone is alright, that's always the most important thing.

On a side note, always nice to see another toy-ota headed for the crusher.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
louriv

louriv

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:08 am

Be grateful for what your family was in and that no one got hurt... We have a strange love for our vehicles, and I understand how you feel just looking at your Burb... As for the other driver, hopefully she'll be off the road for a while...lotta balls driving, if you can call it that, with no insurance card, and a 3-07 inspection sticker. Prob texting bout God knows what.

I just saw one on the Cross Bronx Expressway. @ 7:40 am she's putting her clown face on in the visor mirror while steering with her knee! Know that you're not alone brother, they're all over!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HippodromeGourmetCandles.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:33 am

Thanks all for the kind words and yes you always have to keep you eyes open.

On the upside I found a CraigsList listing for a guy parting out a '04 Burb and he's already e-mailed me back saying he's got the bumper, grill, and turn signal. Will go look after work.

With a little luck "Mike's Body Shop" will be open for business in my garage. ; )

Now if I can just keep the airbags from blowing when I pull off the front bumper...

I love a project as you know....just wasn't expecting this one.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:13 pm

Got the bumper, grill and turn signal the other night. Used but all look good.

Weekend project. Pics to follow!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 12:31 am

Sorry for not posting these sooner. Here's a pic with the "new" used bumper, grill, and turn signal installed. Also had to get new ugly blue Texas plates. I like the new grill emblem. : )

I still have to find a new fog light, the lense is still missing, but it's not wrecked!

Not bad for a home garage repair.

Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Nov25004
Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Nov25005

Old truck still looks pretty good for nearly 180K miles.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Interesting bowtie... Wink

Glad hse's back together on the cheap. Smile

(If I could only find a good rear bumper for my truck now!)
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:09 am

http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/2011085640.html

http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/2066149997.html

Now how do we get it up there......guess I'll just have to drive up for Wagonfest this summer......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?   Suburban Fun!!    Demo Derby? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suburban Fun!! Demo Derby?
Page 1 of 1