GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Losing a dam good wagon to derby

Go down 
+3
81X11
silverfox103
1993 Roady-man
7 posters
AuthorMessage
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Losing a dam good wagon to derby Empty
PostSubject: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:17 pm

So this guy stops me today and ask me if I need a rear glass for my wagon, and I say yes. So we proceed to his place and low and behold he has this wagon that he just bought for $500. It's my dad's old wagon he got out of Virginia, and dam it's still clean. But no matter how hard I tried he would not sell it. Dam DERBY guy's. So looks like I at least get the rear glass and the mirrors off of it.

Losing a dam good wagon to derby HPIM2400

Last edited by 1993 Roady-man on Fri May 30, 2014 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 2:29 pm

I have seen that car, it is a shame, assuming it still looks like the picture.

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 4:32 pm

That's heartbreaking, especially with the sedan nose swap done. Really Really SAD.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:05 pm

yeah this was at wagonfest in 09'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 11:06 pm

Jarrod,how long since you have seen this wagon undernealth and do you have the derby guys phone number?Would you be willing to go get the wagon if you feel its a rust free wagon thats really worth saving?
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 6:12 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Jarrod,how long since you have seen this wagon undernealth and do you have the derby guys phone number?Would you be willing to go get the wagon if you feel its a rust free wagon thats really worth saving?

I already looked at wagon, and yes I looked under it,... that is why I said "dam it's still clean" Trust me it's still worth saving I offered to double is money and he turned me down. So this weekend I'm going back to strip it of good parts. He will not sell me any sheet metal though.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:11 am

It's funny, I never thought much of the Roady sedan front end on the wagons, but in white it really looks nice. What an idiot to ruin such a nice car in the demo derby. Maybe you could find a real rusty one on craigslist for him and get him to sell the white one to you for your double price offer?
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:13 am

I just noticed-is that the tail end of another wagon in the driveway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 11:54 am

Those rims need to be saved too,I just gave away a set of steelies with decent tires.When is this guy suppose to derby this wagon?
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 1:20 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
I just noticed-is that the tail end of another wagon in the driveway?

This picture is from 09' and yes that is a wagon a 72 Malibu wagon that we sold a few years back.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:01 pm

That's a damn shame! Pickup a CL rust bucket and trade him for it!
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:36 pm

ugh demo derby people.....
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 8:05 pm

The reason he won't sell it is the same reason I want it, It's solid. It's more durable and this is why he Is excited to own it.
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 12:12 am

Truth be told, I used to enjoy demolition derbies, many years ago. I always figured that the people who did it were using cars that were well and truly beyond any sort of repair.

I was really disgusted when I learned that isn't often the case.

It's such a shame that someone is going to destroy a perfectly good, usable car like that one. Mad Sad
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Losing a dam good wagon to derby   Losing a dam good wagon to derby Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Losing a dam good wagon to derby
Page 1 of 1