GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time to do your part to protect our hobby!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Time to do your part to protect our hobby!  Empty
PostSubject: Time to do your part to protect our hobby!    Time to do your part to protect our hobby!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:28 am

Please forgive me if it's a repost.

Stop the government from getting rid of our hot rods and trucks and automotive aftermarket!

www.carinitiative.com

This is getting serious. Pass it on. Smile

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to do your part to protect our hobby!    Time to do your part to protect our hobby!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:39 am

Signed. Did you read some of the stories? Holy ****. Guy gets $30k in fines for having a car with a flat tire in his driveway? I'd be furious.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Time to do your part to protect our hobby!    Time to do your part to protect our hobby!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:56 pm

IMO,
Going Green is a religion. The people in government that worship at this alter are trying to change our way of life, through taxes (fees), and laws (regulations), and indoctrination of our kids in school. We, as United States citizens, gear heads and automotive enthusiasts do need to pay attention to what our local, state, and federal "representatives" are voting on.

Most of us probably didn't pay attention when the thieves in our states and in Washington destroyed the tobacco companies, and taxed the smokers to death ($9.50 a pack in NY.) all because they were looking out for our best interest. The government spent/spends all that money they took/take on pork and closing budget deficits, not on education and health care like they said they were.

We all need to stand together and fight for the rights of others interests, as well as our own.
The government has taken true religious freedom from us. They have/are taking our freedom to make personal choices from us. The second amendment has been demonized and twisted, making it ridiculously hard, in some states for a citizen to get, own, and use a gun.

Regulations are in every facet of our lives, and we still think that we are a free people? Vote for people of character and that stand for your way of life. Don't let up on them, call them, write them, fax them, and e-mail them. Let them know what you want, they are suppose to be representing us, if not vote them out.

Teach your kids the importance of treating others fairly, and to think for themselves.

Thanks bringing this to our attention Bill.

Live Free, or Die.

Ok, sorry for the rant... I'll get off my soap box now... Next.

Last edited by 200OZ on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Time to do your part to protect our hobby!    Time to do your part to protect our hobby!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Posted on another forum I visit and my Facebook. Nice find Billy.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Time to do your part to protect our hobby!    Time to do your part to protect our hobby!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Don't get me started here. This kinda stuff fires me up.

Thanks for posting. Signed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to do your part to protect our hobby!    Time to do your part to protect our hobby!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:34 pm

Yeah, I was reading some of it - holy crap. Insanity.

Even my Civic-driving non-car-enthusiast friend was getting mad. lol
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Time to do your part to protect our hobby!    Time to do your part to protect our hobby!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:21 pm

A local radio talk show host here in Syracuse was ranting about how he's so sick and tired of politics and all of the political ads. He DOESN'T GET IT.

In many other countries, government is in your bidness ALL THE TIME. And you have NO SAY 99% of the time. Here in America, it's a representative republican democracy. It is a PRIVILEGE to be able to have an impact on politics, because it affects us. Anybody who says their vote doesn't count and that politics doesn't affect them is an ignorant fool.

Politics affects how much you are taxed, what car you can drive, how fast you can drive, what you can say publicly, your property rights, who you have to submit to (police, code enforcement, etc.). In other words, it has a TREMENDOUS impact on your lifes.

So to wish that you didn't have to listen to all of the political stuff is to wish away a key aspect of your freedom. Stay involved, or get involved, and make a difference. You won't believe how few people volunteer and help out with political campaigns. It's sad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time to do your part to protect our hobby!    Time to do your part to protect our hobby!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:32 pm

Yea I got into with my neighbor who traded in a cherry BMW 528 wagon for a new Honda Insight.He told me he was
doing his part for the planet.I told him he was only doing the politically correct PC thing to make him look
better in the eyes of his gay buddies who teased him about his mommy wagon.We are constantly trading insults
across the street every chance we get but he is a great friend.
I told him I am doing more for the planet by keeping my old car running properly instead of buying a new car because
I wanted to look enviromentally conscious.With what it took to produce the batteries in his Insight and how those
batteries will be recycled once they are worn out who knows how they will effect the planet.
I am sick to death of the GREENIES telling me how to live and them threatening hard working people and private
businesses with this graffiti and property damage.
SEMA is to our cars as the NRA is to our guns guys and the war is just starting up for all of us car nuts and hot
rodders.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to do your part to protect our hobby!    Time to do your part to protect our hobby!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to do your part to protect our hobby!
Page 1 of 1