GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top Gear TV Show

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Top Gear TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Top Gear TV Show   Top Gear TV Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:09 am

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/top-gear/top-gear-usa-episode-one-ar100252.html - Anyone else watch this tonight. I watched it with my kiddo... In the preview they were off-roading a 76 Caddy coupe...making "moonshine runners". \

What caught my attention was the opening scenes....and the comment "please don't let me die in a Buick", followed by a quick flash on a Roadmaster wagon that appeared to be full of water...?

I'm guessing that's a later episode....bears watching...

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Top Gear TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Gear TV Show   Top Gear TV Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vezOfu7ayso - Shows the Caddy they ruined...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Top Gear TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Gear TV Show   Top Gear TV Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 am

Back to top Go down

Top Gear TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Gear TV Show   Top Gear TV Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:02 am

All they're doing is copying the stunts from the British version. Stupid. It needs to get better - and fast - or it won't make it through the season.
Back to top Go down

Top Gear TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Gear TV Show   Top Gear TV Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:35 am

The Roadmaster wagon that they filled up with water is already for sale on CL for $1500.Ad said cars engine and trans were in great shape but the roof has a bunch of holes and there is silicone sealer everywhere inside to help seal the
interior.Ad says its a 95 but it has 94 mirrors.Sorry I didnt catch where the CL ad was located but car was a white
woody with tan leather interior.
It not worth $1500 with holes in the roof and a flooded interior.Apparently the roadmaster show is already finished
and ready to air.Not very impressed with last nights show but am optimistic!!!!!!!!!
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

Top Gear TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Gear TV Show   Top Gear TV Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:11 pm

its definitely missing something...cant quite put my finger on it
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Top Gear TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Gear TV Show   Top Gear TV Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Stingroo wrote:
All they're doing is copying the stunts from the British version. Stupid. It needs to get better - and fast - or it won't make it through the season.

That and no one can replace Hamster and James May.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Top Gear TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Gear TV Show   Top Gear TV Show Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:20 pm

Yeah...I am a huge fan of the British version...so eager to see how this one is (recorded it, but not watched it yet) I dunno..BBC can do some crazy stuff. The American version might get old quick.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

Top Gear TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Gear TV Show   Top Gear TV Show Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:29 am

I heard that two of the guys are on the ISSF forum, one being an old buddy of Big Kahuna's....other guy owns a wagon (hopefully not the aquarium one).

I don't pay for cable TV (old skool Antenna guy here) as I get 45 channels for free off the air (between two major metro areas helps!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Top Gear TV Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top Gear TV Show   Top Gear TV Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Gear TV Show
Page 1 of 1