GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tuffluck1975

Tuffluck1975

Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics Empty
PostSubject: Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics   Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:09 pm

I saw it mentioned else where that you used the tbi "hat" off a later model caddy to build your cold air intake and searched for it under different things, but never could find anything close. Does anyone have pics or links to this mod? I even looked at the k&n stuff, but it just replaces the filter, not the box. Someone posted other alternatives a little further down the thread for tbi's, any other suggestions? Thanks
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics   Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Here is the Caddy intake I had on my Cruiser. I still have the parts and will probably put it on the other Cruiser at some point.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pretty easy really. All you need is a cone filter and some PVC to make the pipe. Then find the air box from a TBI Caddy and make sure you get the offset threaded stud too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Tuffluck1975

Tuffluck1975

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics   Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks Mike, that was exactly what I was looking for. What year caddies had the hats?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics   Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:41 pm

I'm not really sure what years for the air box sorry. I got lucky, it was in the back when I bought the car, all I had to do was make the PVC pipe and install it. Smile

You also should check out this thread over on ISSF. Unfortunately the links haven't been updated but there are still some pictures there to give you other ideas.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Tuffluck1975

Tuffluck1975

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics   Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks for the link, if I read it right, the s10 hat will work too. I just need the hat to do the sewer pipe conv mod. I like the duals on the stock box too... that was like the one already posted on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics   Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for the Caddy C.a.i pics
Page 1 of 1