GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Let's talk car covers...

Go down 
+4
phantom 309
brokecello
94Woody
toomanytoyz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Let's talk car covers... Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk car covers...   Let's talk car covers... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 10:40 pm

So, what brand and size do you guys use for the big ol' girl? Like it? Don't like it? Talk to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk car covers...   Let's talk car covers... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:06 pm

My wagon was kept in the garage from the day I brought it home so I never bought a cover. Well, we moved, yet again, Thanksgiving weekend and for now the wag is in the elements. It is gonna start snowing tonight so I went out this morning and picked up a 12X24 tarp (it is too small) and wrapped it up best I could. At least the snow/water will not enter my leaking cargo windows and worsen the rusting and my stained headliner.

Of course a plastic tarp is not ideal since it isn't breathable like a cover so it will come off once the weather clears.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk car covers...   Let's talk car covers... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:21 am

I've used the cheaper ones you can get at Autozone. You can get the kind that says it will fit a Roadmaster...but if you want real full coverage (plus these covers are somewhat cheap anyhow) I double up with two covers. Once reaching over the front bumper/other over the rear.

They worked great on a couple wagons I stored outside. Good for the $$ if its just for the winter or to keep the sun off them.

Let's talk car covers... SITTN
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk car covers...   Let's talk car covers... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:25 pm

plastic tarps or canvass are NFG in a windy enviroment,. tarp rubs and chafes the paint,.very important to put some old sheets or blankets over the car first,.
IF you want to wrap it for the winter get a big enough tarp that you can drive the car onto it,.then close it up like a envelope. a 40x30 works good,.
Pile plenty of snow up all around it, snow insulates.
Toss a handfull of moth balls under the car,. an 1 in the glove box,.
you,re good till spring,.
Nick
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk car covers...   Let's talk car covers... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:54 pm

MY RMW came with a car cover, a huge grey fabric cover. I have no idea who the manufacturer is but today I am glad I have it.

My car cover is currently in use in my front yard covering some knockout rose bushes and coontie palms as it is supposed to get down to 28 degrees tonight in Tampa.
Back to top Go down
sinij kot

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk car covers...   Let's talk car covers... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:42 pm

I also need a cover, so after a good research I setteled on NOAH fabric. Many companies sell custom fitted car covers and a lot of them are made by covercraft. I read few posts on the ISSF where people had very good luck with either covercraft or California car cover.
After all my reading and searching it came down to NOAH cover for the wagon made by covercraft due to price. Best price seems to be at http://www.autoanything.com $250 after 5% discount which you get by calling customer service and asking for it.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk car covers...   Let's talk car covers... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:50 pm

I have two SilverGuard Plus covers from these guys:
http://www.coverking.com/t-customcarcovers_materials.aspx

Costco will occasionally have deals through their online site which save a bunch.

They make them in both 'small mirror' and 'big mirror' designs to fit your wagon and include a pocket for the hood ornament, a storage bag and I think a security cable as well.

I've had my RMW covered outside for months at a time. Uncover it and she's perfectly clean save for the occasional spider egg made between the cover and car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk car covers...   Let's talk car covers... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 8:05 pm

I've seen Mike's covers and they are REALLY nice.

I have the 30 dollah K-mart special. They come with a 2 yr warranty and I wish I registered them as the FLorida Sun destroyed them in a year. but they were only 30 bucks and you northern types should get alot more wear out of them

Oh yeah Budge is the name on them size 5 for the big girlz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk car covers...   Let's talk car covers... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's talk car covers...
Page 1 of 1