GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GN1220

Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4 Empty
PostSubject: Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4   Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm on the fence with my wagon. All of the cars I've owned I've always seemed to have a "connection" with but this one, I just can't get there. Ever since I bought it I've tried to see the potential, see the finished product but the car just seems to fight me every step of the way. The icing on the cake is that the car has been repainted and it was not the best paint job. While it looks presentable, the shade is just a little darker than correct, it has a few small spots where the paint has flaked away and the hood has hail dents. I'm not worried about the hood as I have an Impala hood coming but Lord knows how long it will sit until I can get it painted and installed. I already replaced the tailgate and it is painted the proper color in base/clear and it looks great. I know the car would look great re-painted but that is not even an option considering the cost. All three of my other wagons had original paint that made it much easier to detail, get looking good and focus on things like console installs, gauge swaps, etc. The car has leather seats that I could live with but the fronts are worn and broken down so I installed my Craigslist tan cloth fronts. While they cleaned up well, they are a bit lighter than the rear and that bothers me enough, not to mention I now have cloth front and leather rear. That kind of stuff just drives me nuts. It's like having mis-matched tires front to rear or something. Yuck! Also, I really do not like the small mirrors. And the car doesn't have a posi. The carpet has been cleaned but needs to be removed and cleaned properly, something I just don't have time for now or anytime in the near future. I did swap the dash/radio to the '95-'96 style and that was ok for a while but the neatness has worn off and, considering the work, time and money it took, it almost felt wasted just trying to get it to look like something else I really want.

Keep in mind the car runs great, the body is straight and has zero rust, top or bottom, and that was a big selling point for me. I figured I could swap doors, replace the hood and gate, put cloth seats in it, tint the windows, and install my SS wheels and hit the town. But it's not coming together like I planned and I honestly feel it's never going to happen.

So I don't know if I should just keep picking away at the little stuff and be content with what I have or try to find another one. I would really like a white with tan cloth '95-'96 WB4 but I know they are hard to come by. Add to that equation I need one in my budget and it gets that much more rare. I guess at the end of the day I'm just frustrated and maybe a little bored with it, I don't know. So if anybody has a line on a white/tan WB4, a good set of tan cloth or maybe even cloth Bonnie seats or wants to buy a good driver wagon, let me know.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4   Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Best advice I can give is if the car runs well and is solid, but you want something better, don't put any more money in it. Clean it up and sell it, save the money, and buy what you really want. They ARE out there, and deals pop up all the time...but you have to be in a position to act when they do.

It doesn't sound like a bad car, but if it's not what you want, don't put money and effort in it. Get what you want. Lord knows there are enough eyes on this club looking for cars daily. The RIGHT car is out there.

I wanted and 80's Cutlass since I was 16. I'm 36 now and just recently found "the car". Patience! ; )

Got pics of your car? I'd like to see it.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4   Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:01 pm

http://treasure.craigslist.org/cto/2060963924.html

dunno if it's still for sale but saw this ad a couple of weeks ago. It's close to Stingroo on the forum here, so mebbie he could snap you some pics if interested.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4   Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Yeah that's about 20 minutes from me (will be a little closer in a few weeks, we're moving!) If someone is seriously interested I can swing by, or call the guy and see if I can meet him somewhere for photos and a test drive or whatever.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4   Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:57 pm

Sprocket wrote:

dunno if it's still for sale but saw this ad a couple of weeks ago. It's close to Stingroo on the forum here, so mebbie he could snap you some pics if interested.....

Well, it is white. But it's a '94, it has blue leather and it's been wrecked and has a Caprice front end. I like the price though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4   Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:47 pm

GN1220 wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

Well, it is white. But it's a '94, it has blue leather and it's been wrecked and has a Caprice front end. I like the price though. Smile

best I could do on short notice. Smile

Crovo should by ready to sell his soon, he's almost done modding it geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4   Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:51 pm

^ Ha. That's funny.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4   Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Yeah... REAL funny. Wink

(make me an offer) Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4   Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just venting a little, again. Really want a White/tan '95-'96 WB4
Page 1 of 1