GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why my brakes were pulling to the right

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
floormonkey

Why my brakes were pulling to the right Empty
PostSubject: Why my brakes were pulling to the right   Why my brakes were pulling to the right Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:12 pm

So I did a brake job recently and replaced all my hardware while I was there, everything short of the left caliper. Brakes started pulling to the right immediatly after. I pulled the wheel back off and replaced the left caliper. I don't know why I didn't do it when I did the other one. Brakes still pull to the right. So I get my girlfriend to help me bleed them again, but when we get to the driver's wheel, no fluid comes out. She says she can't press it down. I just figure she's tired of helping, so I call it a night. Next day, I crack the valve open and try to push the pedal. Nothing. I follow the troubleshooting route and narrow it down to the new brake hose I put on. Strange, but whatever. Change the hose, still no pedal. Hmmm.

I open a beer and sit down to think. Fluid gets to the end of the hard line. Fluid gets to the end of the banjo. No fluid gets to the caliper.

Why my brakes were pulling to the right Img_1116

https://i.servimg.com/u/f34/13/44/89/17/img_1116.jpg

The banjo bolt wasn't drilled correctly.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Why my brakes were pulling to the right   Why my brakes were pulling to the right Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:39 pm

yup, that'd do it Wink
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Why my brakes were pulling to the right   Why my brakes were pulling to the right Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:00 am

Great detective work!

I've had nothing but trouble with rebuilt calipers. Best ones I've found yet (have two pair that worked!) are at Advance Auto.

I'm thinking I shoudl just learn to rebuild them myself...
Back to top Go down
floormonkey

PostSubject: banjo bolt   Why my brakes were pulling to the right Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:41 am

This banjo bolt didn't come with the caliper. I just lost one so I decided to change this one out.

After I got everything back togather the first time, i noticed my brakes were grinding when I backed up. At the end of the test drive, I found the old banjo bolt wedged between my caliper and the backing plate. I thought that was what was causing my problem.

As far as parts, I sold them for several years. Oreilly's has (or at least had) pretty good brake parts. NAPA, of course, was always top of the line.

I strayed away from cars as a hobby for awhile, so I'm not sure who's got what now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why my brakes were pulling to the right   Why my brakes were pulling to the right Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why my brakes were pulling to the right
Page 1 of 1