GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pulling the AIR Tube

Go down 
+4
brokecello
lakeffect
jayoldschool
Bull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bull

Bull

Pulling the AIR Tube Empty
PostSubject: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:38 pm

I have the A.I.R. pump removed and the bolts securing the tube to the block are also off. The tube wiggles around freely, but since it is a giant "U" shape that cradles the engine, I haven't figured out yet what the best exit path is for it. I'd like to remove it intact and not cut it, just in case. What do I need to do/what else do I need to remove to get it out easily?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:59 pm

I cut them.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 6:11 am

There should also be some minor reprogramming done to the ECM if you are removing it, As the ECM still thinks it is there, regardless off it's actual removal.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 12:42 pm

I cut them (like Jay said) Cut it in three pieces and be careful of the spark plug wires when you pull the pieces up....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 2:05 pm

lakeffect wrote:
There should also be some minor reprogramming done to the ECM if you are removing it, As the ECM still thinks it is there, regardless off it's actual removal.
No need,.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Not everyone would agree, so I'll simply pass along info from some other folks and people can decide for themselves about it.

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-prom/214321-removing-smog-pump-air.html
Back to top Go down
BuickGuy

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:57 am

Can I have your equipment if you are getting rid of it and it's an LT1?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 6:28 pm

Jason, are you planning on hooking up the OEM stock PCM with the air pump? Or are you going to keep the OBDI PCM from the 95 that is in it now? Or are you just wanting it for "show"?

I ask because there has been so much changed to that car over the years that if you put the stock PCM back in, you are GUARANTEED to get a check engine light....

BTW, what is your state of residence? If it is NM, and they don't have inspections...... register and get your plates from NM and keep moving.... Register in VA at a later date after you get all the parts.

I still have not found that sticker.
Back to top Go down
BuickGuy

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:45 pm

I need it for show. In NM, they have emissions only, so I would have to pass the sniffer and send them a report in order to get the inspection.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 12:06 pm

Back to top Go down
BuickGuy

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Unfortunately I need all the associated tubes and stuff too as well as hardware.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulling the AIR Tube   Pulling the AIR Tube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pulling the AIR Tube
Page 1 of 1