GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interior lights STAY ON!!! Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Interior lights STAY ON!!!  Help Empty
PostSubject: Interior lights STAY ON!!! Help   Interior lights STAY ON!!!  Help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:39 am

All of the mighty hunters helped their dad clean out the car yesterday after returning home. One of them left the driver side rear door open. I went out about 11 pm to close things down for the night and discovered a car with a dead battery. I put my charger on it and everything came back. The problem is now the dome/interior lights will not turn off. I pulled a fuse and went to bed.

Need to get this one solved right away!! Anyone seen this issue?

Last edited by BigBlackBeaSSt on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Interior lights STAY ON!!! Help   Interior lights STAY ON!!!  Help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:19 am

Perhaps an obvious thing. But did someone turn the interior light knob all the way by mistake?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Interior lights STAY ON!!! Help   Interior lights STAY ON!!!  Help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks Mike, but that is not it. I swapped the relays around with the Impala and they are working fine. The FSM says to remove the Alarm. It does not want to come out. Any one remove one? Does it have a tab on the back? How does one release this tab?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Interior lights STAY ON!!! Help   Interior lights STAY ON!!!  Help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:59 am

Got the alarm out. The interior lights go on when the headlight switch is turned to the left at all times. But they do not come on when you just open the doors!?!??!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interior lights STAY ON!!! Help   Interior lights STAY ON!!!  Help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:17 am

Sounds like the door light switch has fried and is stuck in the on position.
My 2 Cents
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Interior lights STAY ON!!! Help   Interior lights STAY ON!!!  Help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:38 pm

Door jam switch. Removed - played with - worked..... done!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interior lights STAY ON!!! Help   Interior lights STAY ON!!!  Help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interior lights STAY ON!!! Help
Page 1 of 1