GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No interior lights

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gastt

Gastt

No interior lights Empty
PostSubject: No interior lights   No interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:54 pm

My wagon had been sitting for a few years before I got it. I'm having a problem with the interior lights. The only lights that are working are the passenger floor board and passenger front courtesy light. All the other lights, vanity mirrors, courtesy, map and cargo lights are not working. Auto Dim mirror indicator is working. I find it hard to believe all those bulbs are bad. Could it be? Also, my blinkers are kind of speedy. I've yet to check my FSM but figured I'd post this up.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

No interior lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: No interior lights   No interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:14 pm

There should be a splice beside the front driver's side seat. It might also be the dimmer switch.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

No interior lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: No interior lights   No interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Could it also be that green module box under the dash? I thought that had something to do with the interior lights?
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

No interior lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: No interior lights   No interior lights Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:22 pm

The green box was missing. I put one in and it made no difference to the lights. The box is good because the chime works now.

The third brake light wasn't working. I took it apart and all the contacts were pretty corroded. Hit them all with some fine sand paper and it works good now. I can even hear the wiper motor trying to work. The drivers rear quarter has about 6" of water in it. I see a drain plug but ill have to crawl under the car to access it. Luckily, there's no rust. Can't say the same for the passenger side. I'm going to assume that the moisture has corroded some if not most of the electrical connections. I'll have to wait til Saturday to investigate some more.
Back to top Go down
seanb

No interior lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: No interior lights   No interior lights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 pm

Is there an update to this? I'm having the same problem. I noticed my interior lights work if I use the dimmer, but not when opening the door. I also tried the "green box" to no avail.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

No interior lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: No interior lights   No interior lights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 pm

The switches in the door jams are the only part that controls the lights when you open the doors. There are no relays in the circuit.
Back to top Go down
seanb

No interior lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: No interior lights   No interior lights Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks Fred. I'll look into those.
__
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No interior lights Empty
PostSubject: Re: No interior lights   No interior lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No interior lights
Page 1 of 1