GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So I picked up a new oily friend....

Go down 
+11
DBeaSSt
SShiftn6
Nick Danger
toomanytoyz
GSBULLDOG
200OZ
BigBlackBeaSSt
81X11
94Woody
Bewber
brokecello
15 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

So I picked up a new oily friend.... Empty
PostSubject: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Yeah, I came across another wagon..lol Just picked it up tonight. (was south of Atlanta) Family was really attatched to it and the Dad teared up when he handed over the keys. 223k miles and leaks like the Deepwater Horison. Always a southern GA wagon though! Newer Transmission and Limited Leather (Tan). Best part is the underside (whats not covered in oil) This thing is clean. And NO, I am not parting it out (so no sawzall jokes geek )

I've got an extra engine...but still thinking about directions for it since I am stalled on the $$ for bodywork on the '96. The quotes I've gotten have been high since it needs a lot more work that I thought. Anyone have a pic of the Christmas Wagon Fred had a couple years ago?

Here are some pics. The family wanted me to take one last photo of them with "Jade" Very nice people and they thought I was completely crazy for driving it back to SC. They did like the OCC though Smile My wife had a nice time tearing through downtown ATL with it. Lol Wink

Chris

So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1418
So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1419
So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1437
So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1443
So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1446

NASTY!!!!!!
So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1447
So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1448
So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1452
So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1453
So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1454

Last edited by brokecello on Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:47 pm

Congrats! I have a Jade too, but she's 6 and not for sale.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:55 am

Sweet score, knew you would buy it Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:12 am

Good deal! Glad you've saved another one. After 200K miles I bet they DID hate to see it go, but I bet they were glad it found a good home.

Got a little oil under there though. I think I would have had the OCC lead the drive. Hope it didn't get oil splattered!

I love these goofy cars!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:55 am

81X11 wrote:
Good deal! Glad you've saved another one. After 200K miles I bet they DID hate to see it go, but I bet they were glad it found a good home.

Got a little oil under there though. I think I would have had the OCC lead the drive. Hope it didn't get oil splattered!

I love these goofy cars!

-Mike

I lead her out to the Interstate...and let her pass me!! Believe me, I thought about that! (felt bad for folks behind me though...didn't have any tailgeters ) Razz
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:59 am

Nice find...........
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:40 am

Up here in the snow belt we have to purposely coat the underside in oil to fend off the rust.
Nice score Chris.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:53 am

200OZ wrote:
Up here in the snow belt we have to purposely coat the underside in oil to fend off the rust.
Nice score Chris.

Thats my excuse and I am sticking to it!!!!
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:08 am

nice pick up ! hate to hear work has stalled on the other , cause i was enjoying the updates .
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:39 am

Cool score. Smile

Where's the oil coming from? That's an awful lot to be just coming from the front cover seals...

I hope this didn't dip into the bodywork fund! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 am

Chris great way to start the new year by saving another wagon.That leak appears to have been going on for a long
time,but the oil has protected the underside.Hope you didnt park the newest wagon too close to the rebuilt wagon
as they have probably been arguing all nite.
I too have missed the updates on the white wagon but now you have 3 wagons to write about.
Take Care All
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Thanks guys! I am stopped by and took some pics of it this morning....eager to see where that oil is coming from...and you are right Jim, I think its been like that for a good while. Lol

Found the factory floormats in the 3rd seat footwell. Wagon is DIRTY! But no hole in the carpet on the drivers side. It all should clean up nicely I think.

It didn't cut in to the bodywork fund too much! I got this wagon for $900, and I think it was well worth it! Still thinking...but really excited to clean it all up and see how she shines Smile

Here are the pics I took this morning..

https://s418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/chrisandcarapowell/Jade/

Chris

Last edited by brokecello on Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:57 pm

That is a SMOK'N deal for $900.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:02 pm

I know that it's leaking, I hope it's not smoking too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:46 pm

Yeah, that's an AWESOME score for $900...and an awesome score on your choice for wife too, lol!! I remember reading she doesn't have much love for the wagons, but man, not only does she let you buy a 3rd, BUT TAKES THE ROAD TRIP WITH YOU TO GO GET IT!! AWESOME WOMAN!! As somebody said in another thread, marry that woman again, lol.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:57 pm

As clean as this car is, it'd be a great deal at $900 with a blown engine. Wink

Congrats Chris!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:14 pm

The second pic almost looks like it is in England. (rear view mirror shot reverses the driver position)
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Bewber wrote:
Congrats! I have a Jade too, but she's 6 and not for sale.

+1 pm having a Jade in the family, but mine is 16 years old and cranks but won't start with a crack windeshield but only 90K. Smile

Great deal Chris, anytime you can score a running LT1 wagon for under a grand it's a steal Smile
Can'r wait to see her clean up.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:10 am

Looks really solid! Love the pics of the three cars together. I still think the Custom Cruiser has the sharpest grill. ; )
Back to top Go down
no moa

no moa

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:34 am

what i'd give to find a score like that up here in saltland.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorfbody.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:37 am

I'm just stunned all the black body moldings look to still be in place. I spent a full day with a razor blade and 3M tape getting mine in order when I bought it. ; )
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:23 pm

81X11 wrote:
I'm just stunned all the black body moldings look to still be in place. I spent a full day with a razor blade and 3M tape getting mine in order when I bought it. ; )

Well, it is missing one rubber piece on the tailgate...but I thought the same thing you did too. I was like "whew" it's all pretty much there and not busted up. I was amazed that only once piece of molding had some dents in it....(rear pass quarter piece)

This thing was garaged too and I know I can make the paint look like new once things warm up. I want to strip and polish the upper wood trim too (or paint it like yours) That will tidy things up a lot.

It's buried under 8in of snow now. Whole state is shut down. LOL!! I went to Atlanta and back just in time Smile

So I picked up a new oily friend.... IMG_1498
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:38 pm

That storm is suppose to be heading for Va but we are ready here.That wagon keeps getting nicer as you keep posting more pics.My OCC is the same color as yours and I kinda like having 2 wagons sitting out in the driveway.Please keep posting your stories as I have really missed the updates.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Nice find, Chris! I look at cl almost every day but there just don't seem to be any deals like that in NC.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 2:12 pm

no moa wrote:
what i'd give to find a score like that up here in saltland.

fly south for the winter Smile and return in the spring with your new offspring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up a new oily friend....   So I picked up a new oily friend.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I picked up a new oily friend....
Page 1 of 1