GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Look what I picked up today!

Go down 
+6
DBeaSSt
buickestate
Sprocket
phantom 309
94Woody
toomanytoyz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Look what I picked up today! Empty
PostSubject: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Look what I picked up today! LookWhatIPickedUpToday

And I wasn't even looking for one!

(there was also about an inch and a half IN THE TIRE!)
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Wow, that is a big one.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Ice stud??

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:40 pm

that's a beauty right there.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:53 pm

LOL, no Nick, Big Ugly's got the studded snows. Wink

It's not so bad. Sure did make a lot of noise hitting the inner fenderwell though!!! Wink

I plugged the tire when I got home. Hopefully it'll seal up over night, it was still leaking a little when I put it back on. The hole the bolt left was effin HUGE! If it's still leaking in the morning, I'll see if I can have the mechanic at work patch it from the inside.

Not really a big deal, as it's a snow tire and it's the end of the season. Not even sure if they'd make it another winter as they are pretty close to the wear bars now. Only thing that does suck a bit is that the rims and tires I was gonna put on it won't fit until the impala disc rear is in there and I get the fender lips and trim rolled... So I'm left with having to put the SS's wheels on it, seeing as it's not using them anyways. Wink Only thing is, that I couldn't find the lock socket for the wheels or I woulda changed them over tonight. Dammit!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:27 pm

back in the day (before I-95) we drove to Florida and I recall my Dad changing a flat in a summer thunderstorm on the side of the road. the bolt was 1/2 and 4 or 5 inches long. tore a quarter size hole in the new tires he bought for the trip to FL. THe '60 caddy handled it and we stopped okay, but he had to change the tire in the pouring rain and trunk was filled with all sorts of crap for the trip. My sister's float ring blew out and doen the embankment and my Dad ran down to retrieve it in the pouring rain. I've never forgotten that and it's one of those things that makes me check myself as a parent on a regular basis.....
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Oh like you didn't see that laying in the road ! Wink
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:26 am

Wow. Just running over a nail wasn't good enough for ya huh. Hope it didn't damage your sheet metal!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:18 am

Nice one. That should go in the hall of fame.

I ran over a stick of wood one time, the front wheel kicked it up and it went through the rear tire. It was about 3/4" in diameter and 4-5" long. Boy did that make a big hole. You could almost stick your thumb through it. Patching that tire was not an option. I did not think anything about running over the piece of wood...I didn't consider that a stick of wood could puncture a tire. I guess stranger things have happened.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:12 am

Woah! I'm with Pat....I think you tried to hit that Wink LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:04 am

I can see it now: Bill sees huge bolt on road and thinks, "If I hit that JUST right, I will have something to talk about!"
Back to top Go down
ELIFINO

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:39 pm

I ran over a 1/2" open wrench once on the interstate that punctured the tire and slung up into the wheel well.It was still hanging there when I got the wheel off to change it. I still have that wrench in my toolbox.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:06 pm

I ran over an axe one time,..........

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:07 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
I ran over an axe one time,..........

Nick

I thought the guy in front of you did and it kicked up into your grill or something???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what I picked up today!   Look what I picked up today! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look what I picked up today!
Page 1 of 1