GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Poor man's SS wheels

Go down 
+2
Bewber
94X2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
94X2

94X2

Poor man's SS wheels Empty
PostSubject: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:57 am

I found these on cl for $100.00. The tires are a little small (235/60-15) but just about brand new. He didn't have the center caps for the astro wheels so I'll have to round up a set. Once I get some bigger tires on I think I'll like the look.

Poor man's SS wheels 003-1

Jon
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Almost new tires on ANY wheels is always a sweet score.

Also, I'm pretty sure I have a set of those caps, if you'd rather buy than shop. PM a lowball offer.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:54 pm

Those look a lot like the wheels we had on our '96 Suburban. They made those caps in smooth or with plastic luch nuts molded in. Wonder if those would fit. Both designes are still really common.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:13 pm

I'm pretty sure they're the same rim as the Suburban one.

What about measuring the diameter of the center cap area and see if SS caps are the same size? Surely if they are they'd both mount up. I'm sure someone here would measure their SS caps for you (or someone else might even just know the dimensions).
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Mask and paint the grey areas gloss black and then you'll have a real SS-lookin' wheel.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:56 am

Stingroo wrote:
I'm pretty sure they're the same rim as the Suburban one.

What about measuring the diameter of the center cap area and see if SS caps are the same size? Surely if they are they'd both mount up. I'm sure someone here would measure their SS caps for you (or someone else might even just know the dimensions).

Nope, suburban wheels were mostly 6 bolt pattern. Those are Safari/Astro wheels. I had a set on my Safari. SS caps will not fit.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:01 am

That was a true northern's post Tim.

About 80% of Tahoe's, Subs, and Silverado's in Texas are 2WD, and all the '99 and older 2WD trucks used the 5-bolt pattern. Only 4x4's were 6-bolt.

In 2000 when the new body style came out, GM moved everything to 6-bolt.

Down here the 5-bolt truck mags are still a dime a dozen. ; )

-Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:15 am

81X11 wrote:
That was a true northern's post Tim.

About 80% of Tahoe's, Subs, and Silverado's in Texas are 2WD, and all the '99 and older 2WD trucks used the 5-bolt pattern. Only 4x4's were 6-bolt.

In 2000 when the new body style came out, GM moved everything to 6-bolt.

Down here the 5-bolt truck mags are still a dime a dozen. ; )

-Mike

I am a Nor'erner.......

Wink

Tim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:26 am

And I can't spell.... ; )
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Bewber wrote:
Almost new tires on ANY wheels is always a sweet score.

Amen on that!! Smile I got my last three sets of tires that way
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poor man's SS wheels   Poor man's SS wheels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor man's SS wheels
Page 1 of 1