GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winter blahs

Go down 
+5
silverfox103
stockfornow
DBeaSSt
convert2diesel
buickestate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 11:37 pm

Winter blahs DSC00657
Winter blahs DSC00658
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:13 am

Well aren't you a bundle of sunshine?

Got to admit, feeling somewhat similar. Been trying to get the Caddy ready to pull the trailer south in April and it's one thing after another. First it failed it's E-test and now I'm looking at upper and lower control arm bushings, shocks front and rear, tires and a trailer hitch. Once again it looks like I will be at it right up till the day before we have to leave. Happens every year. Just hope there's no more surprises. Really have to get a friend with a hoist. Getting too old to be crawling around on the garage floor.

Anyways, Obama got everyone all excited here this week (yes the "Beast" is powered with a 6.5 turbo Hummer diesel...at least it sounds like it) and we spent some time out on the canal today eating "Obama Tails". Sort of broke up the mid February (the three month period between January and March) doldrums.

Bill
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:37 am

Icky! I would certainly not be the type to make light of your situation by saying something like, it was 45 and sunny yesterday. Even got a couple of the cars washed, er, as Robert would say, 'backyard detailed'. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:22 am

Man North Carolina is looking better and better all the time. I don't miss dealing with that white stuff and the numb body parts that come with it.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:44 am

You guys don't know what winter truly is Wink Rochester has had over 100" of snow this season and Syracuse is on its way to a 200" season. We have days where it is below zero without the wind chill, and the following week it is 40.

Makes me really appreciate the warm summer days!!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:06 am

The bad news is today, New York and New England (I'm not sure about Canada) are going to pounded with snow, up to 2 feet. But the good news is that in less than 2 weeks we set the clocks ahead and less than 1 month to Spring.

Pat you'll be out driving the Ratmaster before you know it.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:15 am

stockfornow wrote:
You guys don't know what winter truly is Wink Rochester has had over 100" of snow this season and Syracuse is on its way to a 200" season. We have days where it is below zero without the wind chill, and the following week it is 40.

Makes me really appreciate the warm summer days!!

I'm north west of you.........those pictures were taken yesteday just as the snow storm was starting, the storm that Silver fox is waitting for today. I may have to set up sprocket's storage shed with an air matress and put it back in his driveway....
Back to top Go down

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 12:42 pm

I grew up in Alaska so I know all too well about the white stuff. I am glad my parents came to their senses and moved. Now I spend my time cursing the heat and sand, and no I am not talking about Iraq.

That is why I like North Carolina, summer is nice and warm but not too hot, there are defined seasons with temperature changes, it only snows a couple times a winter, and then the snow is gone in a day or two. Man you should see the people freak out about a couple of inches of snow, it is comical to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Tuffluck1975

Tuffluck1975

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:12 pm

UberWagon wrote:
I grew up in Alaska so I know all too well about the white stuff. I am glad my parents came to their senses and moved. Now I spend my time cursing the heat and sand, and no I am not talking about Iraq.

That is why I like North Carolina, summer is nice and warm but not too hot, there are defined seasons with temperature changes, it only snows a couple times a winter, and then the snow is gone in a day or two. Man you should see the people freak out about a couple of inches of snow, it is comical to say the least.

I moved from Charlotte N.C. to Chattanooga T.N. about 12 yrs ago, niether place gets much if any snow. Charlotte would ice up every now and again, but we don't get sqaut here in the valley. Yea, the words snow here equal no bread or milk... They canceled the kids school one day last month because it was too cold (mid teens). The only thing I dislike about either state is the humidity. But I dont envy you northern guys at all, skinny kids dont do cold, lol
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:56 pm

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr santa
Back to top Go down
92 Woody Wagon

92 Woody Wagon

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 am

We've already had our annual 1/2 inch of that crap so it's done with!

I know you guys up north have lives, work, family up there but why in the hell would you stay there in that crap?

I don't know how you frikken stand it, I wouldn't last 5 minutes up there, and yea I'm a big pussy!

We don't get the harsh winters but it does get cold here and as long as I have my kerosene heater going I can at least keep the whole house at 70 degrees all winter.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING, BRING IT ON MOTHER NATURE, YOU BITCH!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ClarkGriswold
94Woody

94Woody

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:57 pm

I cannot stand the cold one bit, bring on Spring.

The Wagon will never experience winter again (hopefully) it has spent this one in the garage. Of course that is because it was so neglected by previous owners it isn't driveable. I'm slowly working on that though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter blahs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter blahs   Winter blahs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter blahs
Page 1 of 1