GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod? Empty
PostSubject: WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?   WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:54 am

I guess you'd call it the pod? I don't quite know. I just replaced all 4 speakers in my car and the PO had a factory original 4x6 in the driver's door, and an Alpine Type-S 6.5" in the passenger door. Needless to say, only the driver's side had the little plastic molding thing that the 4x6 belongs in. I rigged it for now by breaking the 6.5" ring and using the screw holes to correspond with the ones for the 4x6, but I'd probably be a lot happier to just have the plastic enclosure.

If anyone's got one, let me know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?   WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:15 am

I may be able to get one the next time I go to the JY. I have seen some on assorted B-body cars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?   WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:24 am

That'd be cool. I don't like the way I rigged it to work. Something tells me that the pod helps with the way sound is presented. Just a little... lol
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?   WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:25 am

Some speakers are designed to work in free air, some with enclosures, and some with something inbetween. You may be correct.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?   WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:46 am

Bump. Fred, or Sprocket, if you have one and are bringing it to Daytona... LMK. Smile

I really need to mount this speaker properly lol.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?   WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:31 am

I picked up a pair the other day, but I forgot who had requested them. I will bring them to Daytona.
Back to top Go down
impalassdude

impalassdude

PostSubject: Re: WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?   WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:01 am

if you still need a set i got a perfect pair.PM me if still interested.
Back to top Go down
http://SoFASST.com

PostSubject: Re: WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?   WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:35 am

Scored a set in Daytona from Fred. Thanks though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?   WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB Passenger front Speaker Pod?
Page 1 of 1