GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

rear wiper

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
44whoo

rear wiper Empty
PostSubject: rear wiper   rear wiper Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:23 am

the rear wiper on my 95 rmw is just humming when on,i took off the arm and the shaft will turn if i help it but it stops when it gets to the park position.is there a fix for the motor or do i just replace it?also if i decide not to repair it can i just remove it and cover the hole with something so it dosent leak or stick up like the splined shaft?thanks!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

rear wiper Empty
PostSubject: Re: rear wiper   rear wiper Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Get a junk yard replacement. You have to remove the rear headliner reveal molding. The "phillips screws" are not screws. They are fillers that "screw" into the clips that hold the molding in place. Carefully turn the "screws" as you lift (down) them out. The clips are difficult to remove, and if you just pry the panel, you will end up with stress marks in the panel. A cautionary note: the tree type headliner fastener at the center is difficult to get out with out damaging the headliner. If I were removing mine, I think I would use a slide hammer with a split hook to pull it. If I used a panel tool, I would put something on the body so that no pressure is put on the headliner. You should also remove the D pillar trim, so that you do not stress the headliner. The motor itself is a simple replacement.
Back to top Go down

rear wiper
Page 1 of 1