GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Caddy that Zigs

Go down 
+2
Cadet57
81X11
6 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

The Caddy that Zigs Empty
PostSubject: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 10:17 pm

I miss my Catera sometimes....but I was never this stupid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gy4BUiNsLY
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 12:41 pm

81X11 wrote:
but I was never this stupid...

Idk, you DID own a Catera Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 pm

As many cars as Mike has owned over the years he can be forgiven for the occasional piece
of crap.The majority have been pretty sweet rides.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:41 pm

Hey now I LIKED my Catera a lot....just never trusted it.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 7:02 pm

81X11 wrote:
I miss my Catera sometimes....but I was never this stupid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gy4BUiNsLY

I never knew those little shtters could even spin the tires,. Shocked love the trail of sparks from the steel belts after the tires are melted,.

Nick Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:10 pm

Looks like a blast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Those cars are really a ball to drive. They handle well, ride nice, and have tons of toys inside. It's just too bad they looked like 90's Cavaliers and had the reliability of a 70's Fiat...

I do miss mine, it was a very good car while I had it. Most of the major issues are known and can be avoided if you know what to do. If my Roady hadn't shown up I'd still have "Ziggy".

The Caddy that Zigs Feb6thweekend032
The Caddy that Zigs Feb6thweekend037
The Caddy that Zigs Feb6thweekend041
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Damn, that looked like a lot of fun though Smile
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Did someone say "CTS"?

DTS is the DeVille Touring Sedan

STS is the SeVille Touring Sedan

and.......

CTS is the Catera Touring Sedan

The interior even looks the same.....Got to LOVE GM's rebadging
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Yep but if you compliment CTS owners on their new Catera they either have no idea what you mean or get pissed. I know from experience. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:55 pm

CTS is actually the C-segment Touring Sedan.

Just throwing that out there.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:00 am

Even if it had been the most reliable car ever, that unit had FAIL and CIMMERON stamped on it from go. It looked entirely to much like a dang Chevy Lumina/Corsica way to much for people to buy into it being a real caddy.

It couldda "zigged" till the cows came home, it wouldn't have mattered.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Stingroo wrote:
CTS is actually the C-segment Touring Sedan.

Just throwing that out there.

Not according to the automotive experts. Cadillac wanted to change the names along with their image. Can't build "world class" cars with names associated with outdated platforms.

Even the Escalade got the 3 letter treatment.... ESV/EST (Escalade Sport Vehicle/Truck)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:26 pm

ESV is Extended Service Vehicle. They're bigger than regular Escalades.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Stingroo wrote:
ESV is Extended Service Vehicle. They're bigger than regular Escalades.

I think Krzdiamond is right. I doubt Caddy wants the words Service Vehicle as part of their image. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:41 pm

Actually, I found it:

ESV= Escalade Stretch Vehicle (this is still bigger than the regular Escalade)
EXT= Escalade Crossover Truck. X is short for cross.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Stingroo wrote:
X is short for cross.

Ugh, thanks GM. I hate when people do that. Just say the damn word ya lazy bastards, lol.

Only thing worse is when people use Dizzy for Distributor. When I see someone use that I want their monitor to blow up in their face.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Looks like I sold the Catera just in time. I got a call from Kathleen, the lady that bought the Catera last year. Amazingly she had still not registered it yet, and went to get it done finally, only to find $400 in late charges and that I signed Mike on the title, not Michael, as was printed on the title, and she wanted me to re-sign it and date it so the DMV would accept it.

Fine.

She came up to Dell and I met her in the lobby. I saw her pull up, and from my 2nd story window the car still looked really good. It was clean, the wheels werre shiny, it looked good.

I signed the back of the title and dated it, and asked how they liked the car. She was polite, but said it had been a lot of trouble. I asked what went wrong. Here we go:

She said first the alternator failed, and her husband replaced that. Next the heater valve failed, and she had to have that done. Soon after it developed an exhaust leak, which turned on the check engine light. They have not fixed that yet.

A few weeks back the radiator blew and the car overheated. They had that replaced, but since then the a/c has not worked. She said while the radiator was being done they had the transmission serviced because the car does not want to shift out of 1st gear until it warms up. The service made no change, when cold it still takes a while to shift.

She said they've kept the oil changed...and it's never totally stranded them.

I wished her luck. I'm back at my desk. I sure do love my Roadmaster.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:05 pm

Yep, sounds like a Catera. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Caddy that Zigs   The Caddy that Zigs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Caddy that Zigs
Page 1 of 1