GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caddy Question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 pm

My neighbor has a beautiful 68 Caddy Coup De Ville droptop.It has the hideous chrome rims with the chrome basket .
He just bought a set of perfect 68 wheelcovers.My question is does anyone know if the lug pattern is the same as
our wagons 5X5?I have a extra set of steel 15x7 off of my 95 and I want to give them to my neighbor.Your help as
always is greatly appreciated.
Jim
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:51 pm

yes it's the same bolt pattern, warn him he may have issues with the hub caps staying on if he uses your rims
Back to top Go down

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks Pat and what do we need to check on his hubcaps and modify to make sure his
caps stay on?
Jim
Back to top Go down

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:25 pm

I can attest to the whole cheap steel and hubcaps flying thing.

No idea what to do to make it better though. I've heard of putting small beads of silicon on some of the tabs when you push them onto the wheel, but never tried it because I got tired of replacing hubcaps.
Back to top Go down

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Pat I just realized that I have a set of 15x7 from my OCC and would they be better for his
Caddy?Ray his hubcaps are from a 68 Caddy and I dont want him to lose a hubcap because
of my free rims!
Jim
Back to top Go down

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:35 pm

If the OCC rims are steelies, you'd be in the same predicament.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:19 pm

the 91-96 steel rims have more flex than the rims did back in the 60's to early 80's. One solution is to silicone the hub caps on, or run a beed of weld along the ridge where the cap's grips go.

the ratmaster got silicone
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:00 pm

buickestate wrote:
the 91-96 steel rims have more flex than the rims did back in the 60's to early 80's. One solution is to silicone the hub caps on, or run a beed of weld along the ridge where the cap's grips go.

the ratmaster got silicone

What kind of silicon? Like Ultra Black?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:40 pm

I just used a high quality clear silicone, not latex caulking
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 pm

buickestate wrote:
I just used a high quality clear silicone, not latex caulking

Cool, I'll have to try this come winter. I lost two hubcaps off my winter wheels.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 4:48 pm

How about a set of N97s? Those are pretty solid rims.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Caddy Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Caddy Question   Caddy Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Caddy Question
Page 1 of 1