GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

trailer wiring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

trailer wiring Empty
PostSubject: trailer wiring   trailer wiring Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 4:56 pm

Yes, I could have gotten the T-one connector, but I couldn't pass on a universal 4 pin for $5. Now, I need to know how to connect it to the car.

The colors on the connector are yellow, brown, green and white.

I need to know the color of the wires for brake, left/right turn signals on the car.
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

trailer wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer wiring   trailer wiring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:16 pm

Lol... I just did this a couple weeks ago...If the plug has 4' or less of wiring, you will need more wire Wink

Add about 18" of wire to each one now before you start...

White = GROUND

Yellow = Drivers side turnsignal

Green = Pass side turnsignal

Brown = Parking lights

I removed both rear covers(spare tire & glovebox) to gain access to the taillights. I removed the 2 screws and the wingnut to pull the taillight and disconnected the plug at the harness and removed the tailight & wiring with the grommet. Once they are out, get under the car with the 4 flat connector that you have already added the extra wire to. Run the WHITE, BROWN & GREEN TO THE PASS SIDE, YELLOW TO THE DRIVERS SIDE. You will notice there is a space between the rear of body where you can see up to the tailight area, snake the wire(s) up thru there so the stick into the tailight area. Pull the tape from the grommets on the taillight harness and feed the new wires thru the grommet towards the harness connector and splice into the harness a couple of inches from the grommet. Retape the grommets, reinstall the taillights and your done. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

trailer wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer wiring   trailer wiring Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Cool, thanks, will do this weekend...... it's FRIGGING HOT here today Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

trailer wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer wiring   trailer wiring Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Cool! Forgot to mention, all the colors on the wagon wiring are the same EXCEPT the ground, which is black of course... I put a ring terminal on the white wire and attached it where the rear ground is in the 1/4 panel...

Take some pics since I was a dunce and forgot to... I'm sure that there's more guys that would rather use a $5 connector than a $30 one afro
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
Sponsored content

trailer wiring Empty
PostSubject: Re: trailer wiring   trailer wiring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

trailer wiring
Page 1 of 1