GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cruise Control Wiring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Cruise Control Wiring Empty
PostSubject: Cruise Control Wiring   Cruise Control Wiring Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Putting the '93 on the back burner for now so I can get the 95 ready for Daytona. One project I want to finish is getting cruise control hooked up. Being a police package, it wasn't included... Have the cruise control box harness all mapped out, just need to figure out the brake pedal on/off switch. According to the diagram from GoldSSwagon, the on off switch is brown and brown white wires.

http://www.goldsswagon.com/diagrams/impala_cruise_control.pdf

The plug I have is light brown/ brown so does anyone happen to know which wire goes to the harness and the other to the fuse?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control Wiring   Cruise Control Wiring Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 4:32 pm

According to the diagram, the brown wire goes to the harness, and then to the CC box. You can check for continuity on the wire with a VOM.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control Wiring   Cruise Control Wiring Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 4:40 pm

Except, the switch has TWO brown wires. Not brown and brown/white as per the diagram. I know where they are on the diagram. I'm asking on the car, which wire on the switch goes to the CC box. And checking for continuity would be pretty fruitless since nothing is wired into the car...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control Wiring   Cruise Control Wiring Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 4:51 pm

It really should not matter. It appears to be just a switch that breaks the circuit. If you wire one to the CC unit and the other to the harness it should work. According to the diagram the moving part of the switch is wired to the harness. Check which contact is attached to the part that moves and hook that to the harness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cruise Control Wiring   Cruise Control Wiring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruise Control Wiring
Page 1 of 1