GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Subaru Idea

Go down 
+3
toomanytoyz
Cadet57
81X11
7 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:50 pm

Subaru Idea Bowl-of-rice
Back to top Go down

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:53 pm

Guys you need to post a warning with these things!Dammit I just had dinner and almost lost dinner too.
LMAO and then Burped
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 9:29 pm

Stealin' my ideas.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:18 pm

license plate explains it all,.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:30 am

shouldn't that be fried rice
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
94Woody

94Woody

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Rice? Are you guys nuts?

Those things have been around long before Rice was even a problem in the USA. I remember yanking the hood on my 69 Camaro, tossing one on and cruising Va Beach. Not a thumbs down to be seen, lol. Ah to be young and stupid again.
Back to top Go down

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Hey 94Woody,what years were you cruising in Va Beach?I just about grew up cruising around
on the oceanfront from about 1978 thru about 82 or 83.It was a great time to be young back
then before the city outlawed cruising.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:36 pm

The city outlawed cruising?? How is that possible??
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:45 pm

81X11 wrote:

Place an officer every 50 feet and write tickets for "vehicular loitering"

I even got a "warning" back in 2001 as an Army recruiter..... In a government vehicle!
Back to top Go down

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Now guys as dumb as this sounds this is how they did it in Va Beach.They placed those traffic
cameras together in 1 spot pointing in opposite directions on the street.If your vehicle passed
those cameras going in either direction twice within 10 minutes a citation was issued.On friday
and saturday nights the cops were always out in force and they kept 2 cars parked besides those cameras so they didnt get damaged or stolen.Needless to say it wasnt a popular regulation because of car shows and club meets that the hotels catered to during the summer
and nonholiday weekends.I havent been over there in years but I think the regulation is still in effect.A couple of the local city cops had fast cars and they liked to cruise too.Somebody found out that the cops were allowed to cruise all they wanted as unmarked cruisers,well the feces
hit the fans in big chunks.A few of the larger car clubs are still fighting that rule last I heard
Jim Gordon.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:43 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
81X11 wrote:

Place an officer every 50 feet and write tickets for "vehicular loitering"

I even got a "warning" back in 2001 as an Army recruiter..... In a government vehicle!

What a bunch of A-holes! On a public street?? How stupid!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:20 am

In his defense, I WAS going all of 5 MPH checking out the women....... He called it "trolling", I called it recruiting, but that's another story....
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:46 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Hey 94Woody,what years were you cruising in Va Beach?I just about grew up cruising around
on the oceanfront from about 1978 thru about 82 or 83.It was a great time to be young back
then before the city outlawed cruising.
Jim Gordon

I was stationed at Ft. Story from Jan 94-Jan 98. It was my favorite duty assignment and I have been wanting to make a trip back to Va Beach ever since I left.

At that time we could cruise all we wanted during the off season. They didn't really hassle us when the place wasn't crawling with tourists. During tourist season though, look out. You were ok when the place was packed cause it took so long to go from end to end. They had walking patrols every where though that could still get you. We would just take several cars and put them in a parking lot. That way we could swap them for each trip, lol. Good times, good times.

Can't blame them for cracking down on cruising though because the place would be PACKED with cars and people. Made for a very dangerous mix. There were regular "cruise ins" for us muscle heads though and that made it better Smile Damn I miss that place.
Back to top Go down

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:00 am

That was the top place to go girl watching in the summer and I live above the beach on the
York river.Just a much more,shall we say a higher caliber of girls who way back then seemed
more open to a great time.To be honest we would start in Va beach and end up in Nags Head
on the beach watching a beautiful sunrise.Those were some fantastic times for sure.
Great Memories
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Subaru Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Subaru Idea   Subaru Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Subaru Idea
Page 1 of 1