GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Near miss on wagon number 9

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Near miss on wagon number 9 Empty
PostSubject: Near miss on wagon number 9   Near miss on wagon number 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:31 pm

Today I was in a different area for a meeting, and on our way to lunch what do I see but an 96 AGW, 120K Runs like a champ on the window $1295.......Uh-oh, I can't stop as I'm with co-workers, but as soon as the meeting is out, I'm heading back over there.

I drive by the lot and the car is now moved off the street and in the second row. I turn in and look the car over. Looks good paint, no visible dents, typical moulding dandruff. Oooops rust at the bottom of the D pillar on driver's side near moulding....kinda a weird spot but blistering.

Drop down and confirm it's seen road salt. Frame has scale, exhaust system rusty (thought we had stainless exhaust), but solid by northern standards.

Interior is about right for age with a small tear in the driver's seat bottom. Car is locked. Guy walks out of office and I inquire.
"Took a deposit about an hour ago", he says.

I flip him a business card and tell him I have 4 at home and to call me if the buyer backs out, cash at the ready.....

I hope he doesn't call, I don't have a place to park it.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on wagon number 9   Near miss on wagon number 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Well good luck....,I guess. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on wagon number 9   Near miss on wagon number 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:15 pm

John start hoping he wont call if you really want it.Otherwise start making a parking spot for
Love Potion No 9.
Jim gordon
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on wagon number 9   Near miss on wagon number 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 pm

Almost every time I email someone on CL about a wagon a part of me hopes they don't call so I don't have to rearrange parking again. Good luck, or not, whichever you prefer Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on wagon number 9   Near miss on wagon number 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:51 pm

No call it's gone.....had too much rust anyway
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on wagon number 9   Near miss on wagon number 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 8:43 am

wish I could find more around here Sad

dunno if its the snow or what, but roadmaster wagons seem to be rare Sad
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on wagon number 9   Near miss on wagon number 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 9:24 am

DethWgn187 wrote:

It's a cultural thing. People bought wagons in the northeast and in Florida. They didn't buy them in the mountain states. Everyone here wanted a pickup truck.

I had to deal with an additional problem: If there were any good wagons between here and New York state, Fred (Rufrax) bought them and shipped them farther away from here. He has closed his dealership since then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on wagon number 9   Near miss on wagon number 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
DethWgn187 wrote:

It's a cultural thing. People bought wagons in the northeast and in Florida. They didn't buy them in the mountain states. Everyone here wanted a pickup truck.

I had to deal with an additional problem: If there were any good wagons between here and New York state, Fred (Rufrax) bought them and shipped them farther away from here. He has closed his dealership since then.

Ditto down here, but it was due more to a/c...or lack of it in the rear area, that kept sales low here. Most people bought Tahoe's and Suburban's....or heaven-forbid minivans....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Near miss on wagon number 9   Near miss on wagon number 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Near miss on wagon number 9
Page 1 of 1