GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New girl from Texas

Go down 
+9
Bewber
Sprocket
Krzdimond
toomanytoyz
95BRMW
BigBlackBeaSSt
Olds Weighty Eight
Nick Danger
Robyn
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

New girl from Texas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Yes Robyn that is a beautiful wagon you are using as your avatar.Get the CTS-V.A high school
friend brought his by last summerNow this guy has a 08 Vette convertible that his wife drives.He said the caddy with that motor is awesome and his wife is scared of the way the
power comes on so strong.She wants a CTS wagon and he wants a CTS-v wagon and last
time I talked to him they were still arguing.To me the caddy has the best of everything,plenty
pf power,room,looks and more power.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 12:52 pm

...and electrical gremlins. Boo!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Robyn wrote:
The copper caught my eye too. I really need a Grange National. A 1985 shortbed silverado, almost any elky, and a 1974 OCC. I'm torn as to whether my next late model car should be a vette, or a ctsv.

I'm about to go punch my father for moving us away from Plainview 30 years ago.... Laughing

MAN you have good taste! I'd love to have shorty "bulldog" pickup. The 85-87 c-10's are my favorites, with a 350, not a 305. Hard to find clean ones. I had a 78 Silverado Big 10 a few years back, and I miss it, and would still like a newer one. I came across a CLEAN red on red 87 shorty last fall but was shocked when I opened the hood and it had a 4.3 V6 in it. Oh well!

As for the GN, it's on the "want" list for sure...someday. I do love 80's G-body cars, and currently have an 88 Cutlass Supreme Classic T-top which I love, but it's been in the shop since April for carb and intake issues. Hopefully I'll have it back soon.

As for the OCC, there is a blue 75 model here in town but the owner won't sell it. I posted about it last fall.

Such fun!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
Robyn

Robyn

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:17 pm

I'd take a 75. I want yellow or cream with wood grain. Plaid seats.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Robyn wrote:
I'd take a 75. I want yellow or cream with wood grain. Plaid seats.

I'll be on the lookout!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:25 pm

*jaw drops*

You say you're married?

lol

Very Happy

You've found your home here, for sure!
Back to top Go down
Robyn

Robyn

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Sweet looking cars Robyn. Where did you get your two tone roadie wagon? It looks hauntingly familar.....

oh you are completely rational in my book I don't have quite as much parking as you do.
New girl from Texas - Page 2 IMG_0029
Back to top Go down
Robyn

Robyn

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Racing junk. If you know very bad things about it, ease me in. Lol
More specifically the car originated in Indiana. I bought it from Ohio. The car has a shady past, but the Guy I bought it from was exceptionally honest about all of it. I flew up there with my sister, drove it up to Niagara, and then all the way back down here to Texas. Runs great, not a fan of the handling. I just bought it a little over a week ago, and haven't had time to check into it.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:21 pm

That's cool, my first wagon purchase had a 1400 mile drive home Smile
I know I've seen photos of your car before which is why I asked. maybe on CuSStom.com, ebay or the Impala forum, but I remember it as I liked the color combo and hood.
Back to top Go down
Robyn

Robyn

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:36 pm

Well, when I am home, ill keep you posted on its progress.

I want your driveway.

Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:35 am

I do too. Imagine having room to park more than one car off the street!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Well it's not so full of wagons anymore. Sold one wagon off to make room for my company pickup truck. Now looks like the evil Mitsu Eclipse is coming back over here (my wife wants to pull the bad motor out and make it an electric).

So I'll be back to parking a car in the grass again....
Back to top Go down
Robyn

Robyn

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 12:27 am

I am back from Bonnaroo. It is a mighty exhausting festival. I saw some cool things. The people watching is unbeatable. I am going to start taking apart the interior of Wanda tomorrow night. Finally after 3 months, I've found the time to begin. My plan is to remove the purple tint first. I am excited to get a move on. I'm so happy to have all of you in my corner, as I really have my work cut out for me. Yay!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:06 am

Glad that you found us too Robyn.Very happy that your two-tone Roady is with you and not
going to end up 3 feet off the ground and 26" rims on it.
JEG
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 1:21 am

Welcome home!
Back to top Go down
Robyn

Robyn

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:13 am

I need a tutorial to "quote" people.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:40 am

Just hit the little "quote" button New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_quote in the upper right corner of the post you want to quote from.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Robyn

Robyn

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:22 pm

What if I only want to quote a fragment? Sorry for the stupid questions. I tried deleting some part of a paragraph, but screwed it up somehow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:42 pm

[ Sorry for the stupid questions. I tried deleting some part of a paragraph, but screwed it up somehow.[/quote]
If I can do it Robyn anyone can do it
Back to top Go down
Robyn

Robyn

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Lol. Ok, ill keep at it. I'm sure I can get it. The funniest thing, I am a data processor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:29 pm

[ The funniest thing, I am a data processor. [/quote]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Robyn just hit quote and then place your what I call your vertical slash behind what you want to delete.Once this is done just hit your backspace key and away you go!
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 7:18 pm

The "Quote" button places puts the text into your reply box, with the tags [QU0TE] and [/QU0TE] around the text. If you don't mess with the tags, you can alter anything you want in the text in between. Like this:

Robyn wrote:
Lol. Ok, ill keep at it. I'm sure I can get it. The funniest thing, I am a TOTAL COMPUTER NERD!

One thing that sometimes gives me trouble is that if I use the mouse to highlight and delete text, it will sometimes highlight and delete a square bracket [ as well. Once the square bracket is gone, or any part of the tags is gone, the program can't recognize the "quote" command. Everything just comes out garbled.
Back to top Go down
Robyn

Robyn

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 7:36 pm

Right. Thanks for the help, I'm sure I deleted one of the brackets in the code.
study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Nick you show off with all your big fancy words!
Back to top Go down
Robyn

Robyn

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:22 pm

No worries Flash, I'm sure he uses a thesaurus. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Nick you show off with all your big fancy words!

Yep. I'm supercilious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:03 pm

No profanity Robyn so watch out with that thesaurus word !LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:25 pm

nice rides,also its always good to have 2, you never have b-body withdrawals, sounds good to that your better half likes them, my wife said to me when i pulled into the yard with the wagon, great another car you and the dogs can travel in..lol.. was sounding like a good start for the future mods Smile well what can you say ..cant live with them..cant live with out them
Back to top Go down
centurion46

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:27 pm

HI Robyn, this is Toby. I take full responsibility for all except, the woody of your cars. Hey and don't forget we have a 96 Roadie parts car. So actually your at four and a half. Guys Robyn is every guys dream girl!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:41 pm

Hey Toby we all knew that Robyn was every guys dream girl as soon as we saw her wagon and
heard the way she talks about her cars.Her hubby is a lucky man and I sure he knows that!
JEG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New girl from Texas   New girl from Texas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New girl from Texas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2