GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

But honey, they just keep following me home...

Go down 
+6
81X11
95BRMW
phantom 309
Bewber
Lynol
toomanytoyz
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

But honey, they just keep following me home... Empty
PostSubject: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:31 pm

But honey, they just keep following me home... IMG_20110621_181941

94 S10 4.3 5spd extended cab 2wd with super-gay cap option. Wink

Now power anything, but the AC blows ice cold! Very Happy

Got it cheap for a beater, and something to drive while all my other crap is apparently broken... Sad

Oh yeah, and I already did the exhaust...
(and if my new "smart"phone wasn't such a POS then there woulda been a pic right here!) :mad:
I just couldn't stand the quiet anymore! (yeah, I know I only owned like 16 hours before I did it... Rolling Eyes ) Replaced the cat with straight pipe and swapped in a Flowmaster and the riciest used tip I could find. Not bad for 100 bucks! Actually sounds pretty damn good for a 6!

It was running like it was struggling, like a misfiring 4 cylinder struggling Shocked , so I swapped the air filter (full of dirt and rocks!) and wires today (they were all worn through to the core in at least one spot). I bought a cap and rotor and plugs too, but didn't have time. Test drive was better, and got better with each mile, but still stumbles... Guess I will throw them on tomorrow. Probably a coil, too. I also added a container of Lucas fuel treatment and filled it with 93, hoping it'll clean out the fuel filter, cuz that's so rusted it's NEVER coming off!

Anyways, that's my new beater. Probly gonna pull the cap off and paint it Sunday. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:42 pm

NO DYNO'S Bill !
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:44 pm

Oh shut up, Jim. You've long since made your point and it wasn't funny the last 20 times. Wink

Oh. And my phone finally just sent me that exhaust pic! Stupid phone. Grrrr....
But honey, they just keep following me home... IMG_20110622_170023

lol
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:49 pm

An S10?? What happened to your GMC? That is a truck. Looks good though for what it is. I think GM got that green paint on special for the S10s lol. Hopefully you'll get it running smooth. Does that engine have a TBI setup or that cheap Central Fuel Injection system? I imagine the 4.3 moves that truck good though. My friend had a '95 identical to it, but an auto. A 5-speed 4.3 sounds nice in something that light. I could go for a stick shift anything right about now lol.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:52 pm

I sold the GMC to buy that friggin POS subaru with the blown motor in it. Seemed like a good idea at the time. Sad Miss the Hell out of that truck!

And yeah, they all seem to be this gay green color! Boo! I had one identical to it about 10 years ago, but it was a 4 cylinder.

It's a dog now, but once I get it running right, it should move alright. But it's no race car. Just a commuter, junk hauler, parts hauler, and blank canvas... Wink
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:59 pm

Isn't it hard to work the clutch with your junk tucked under like that?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:04 am

lol

Nah, you get used to it. Besides, the seat is so worn there's a nice little pocket there now. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 am

Actually Bill it was the last 17 times.Hope it gives you good service and I happen to like that
color.Should look pretty good once its all buffed out!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:35 am

Buffed out? You don't buff satin paint! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:45 am

YES!

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:41 am

4.3 chev= lousy fuel mileage
4.3 running rough= really lousy fuel mileage,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:53 am

Haha, Bill's got the mileage benefits of a V8 with all the power of a 4.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:55 am

So, sold the SS for an S10? This needs an LT1!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:10 am

95BRMW wrote:
So, sold the SS for an S10? This needs an LT1!

4bt would be the best choice,.

4cyl diesel

Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 10:32 am

Hey a 4.3 is an awesome engine. It's a 350 with two cylinders lopped off. Tough as nails and they run forever, and the 5-spd is a nice bonus too, a lot more fun!

Nice rig! It's always good to have a truck around, and we know those can haul rocks with the best of them!

Enjoy it!

-Mike

........ps can I have the fuel pump??? Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:39 am

Always the Optimist and always full of crap Mike!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:47 am

The 4.3 in my '97 S-10 gets 17-22 mpg depending on cty/hwy and how hard I push it. 160K miles and still going strong.....well until the fuel pump died. Ha!

My '93 S-10 had a TBI 4.3 and it got even better mileage than the Vortec '97, but the Vortec is a lot stronger engine.

Be careful slamming the doors on that thing Bill. Those outside mirrors are crappy, all plastic and they break at the swivel point. Have had to replace both of mine. Other than that and the a/c work our '97 has been really reliable.

-Mike

Oh and yes it's going to look tons better with the cap removed.

Nice little truck Bud!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 11:59 am

phantom 309 wrote:

Nick
Hey, I'd rather sacrifice fuel economy for the added torque and power over the 4cyl that truck could have had. I've driven a 4cyl S10. It gave new meaning to "Like a rock".
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Lynol wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:

Nick
Hey, I'd rather sacrifice fuel economy for the added torque and power over the 4cyl that truck could have had. I've driven a 4cyl S10. It gave new meaning to "Like a rock".

Amen! In '94 they replaced the old "Iron Duke" 2.5 with the new Cavalier 2.2 4cyl in the S-series, and what a POS that was. All those 2.2's did was buzz and blow head gaskets.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:53 pm

It gets even worse mileage when the tank leaks when it's more than half full... doh!

Anyone got a set of camaro cragars or something kickin around? 15 inchers...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 3:06 pm

Does the gas gauge work? Failure is a common issue on these.

And I like the wheels! Just needs RWL tires.

Sporty?
But honey, they just keep following me home... WaxedS-10001
But honey, they just keep following me home... WaxedS-10002

Or Redneck?
But honey, they just keep following me home... RedneckTires004
But honey, they just keep following me home... RedneckTires002
But honey, they just keep following me home... RedneckTires003
But honey, they just keep following me home... RedneckTires001

And I meant to ask, how did you find a 2WD up there? I thought everything there was 4WD.

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 5:44 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
It gets even worse mileage when the tank leaks when it's more than half full... doh!

Anyone got a set of camaro cragars or something kickin around? 15 inchers...
got a turbo kit,. interested??

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 7:52 pm

Mike those are some ugly factory wheels even with RWL tires.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Wow... For once I agree with Jim. Holy Crap... It's gettin chilly down here... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 9:07 pm

What do you mean "For once you agree with me"? Thought you knew better Bill! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 12:30 am

SO is it for sale yet???? I just got a refund check fro my insurance company....but I'm looking at buying an 1980 beater camaro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 7:54 am

Can't be for sale yet, Sprocket. He hasn't done enough mods.

Give it another week or so.

I really like these factory S10 wheels:
But honey, they just keep following me home... ALY05063U

Probably one of my favorite factory GM wheels there is. Trans Am snowflakes are also awesome, but you don't have a boxy S10 so they might look weird.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:59 am

Ray you are right about those wheels.Just wish they were available with wider widths.They
look great with the insets painted the same as the body color.Around here everybody wants
250 bucks for a nice set.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 3:26 pm

Hey Bill, my buddy as a joke signed me up for a year of mini truckin' you want me to do a change of address so you can get the rest of the issues Smile They LOVE the dimes in that rag.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 3:38 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Can't be for sale yet, Sprocket. He hasn't done enough mods.

Give it another week or so.

I really like these factory S10 wheels:
But honey, they just keep following me home... ALY05063U

Probably one of my favorite factory GM wheels there is. Trans Am snowflakes are also awesome, but you don't have a boxy S10 so they might look weird.

Too bad those are 5x4.75 Id love those for the wagon.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 8:43 pm

^^^^^adapters are fairly cheap.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Hey Bill, my buddy as a joke signed me up for a year of mini truckin' you want me to do a change of address so you can get the rest of the issues Smile They LOVE the dimes in that rag.

Sure... Why not? I may want a cowl hood in the future anyways... Wink Funny you mention the "dime" nickname... I think my plate (if I keep it and not quick-flip it) is gonna be SLODIME... lol

I really like those wheels, too. There's a set for sale locally, but I don't think I want to put on it anything that came from the factory on an s10.

Painting it tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:55 pm

rattle rattle..... Smile

I'll see how many months are left on the subscription,,,, pm me your mailing addr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:37 pm

I've really thought about those with some adapters, but I don't know.

Jim - I see them for $100-150 for a set down here all the time.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:51 pm

I'll let Crovo fill you in, but as I was leaving his house today, there was some newspaper and masking tape out...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Thought I heard about a sudden surge in rattlecan sales in flat black up north! Must have been Bill doing his thing.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Jim, it's NOT FLAT!!!!!! ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! Mad

And it's not rattlecans, either.

14 bucks of satin through a gun.

But honey, they just keep following me home... IMG_20110627_162613

That's much better. Wink

(I think I'm picking up a set of S10SS wheels for it tonight)
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:37 pm

A couple more mods and it'll be on Craig's List, lol
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Looks better!

And find some chrome center caps.....you already have S-10 SS wheels...
But honey, they just keep following me home... S-10SS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Alright, dammit.

Crovo, what kind of gun and what size compressor did you use for that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Damn Bill I stand corrected because that looks GREAT!I have a 95 RMW that you can paint for me PLEASE!LOL albino
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:08 pm

81X11 wrote:
Looks better!

And find some chrome center caps.....you already have S-10 SS wheels...

Thanks. Smile

And I meant these SS wheels...
But honey, they just keep following me home... IMAG0120

Stingroo wrote:
Alright, dammit.

Crovo, what kind of gun and what size compressor did you use for that?

My cambpell hausfield upright 30 gallon compressor and a 10 dollar harbor freight HVLP gun at 70psi. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:10 pm

Rats. My compressor isn't that big. It's only a 15 gallon. Sad

You make it seem so easy. lol I envy your satin skills.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:17 pm

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Rats. My compressor isn't that big. It's only a 15 gallon. Sad

You make it seem so easy. lol I envy your satin skills.

That'd work too. Just may run more than mine did. But you have to stop to refill a few times, so it'll have time to catch up. Smile

And I don't really have skills. Wink This is just easy! There's a few runs and it's heavy in spots, but looks a whole lot less gay than before and that's all I really wanted. Razz

81X11 wrote:
http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/2438335692.html

Those are actually the ones I just showed you a picture of! Trying to meet up with him tonight. Smile

81X11 wrote:
http://nh.craigslist.org/pts/2407918983.html - 16 94+ Z wheels for $100

And those wheels are the total wrong offset... I need spacers to run them. Though they work perfect on a 4xdime...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Okay okay, fair enough.

Where did you get your satin paint? What kind?

(Uh oh, painting confidence... this could be fun)
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:20 pm

I think flat black is ok,. sometimes

But satin black all the time is definitely gay,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Well, then I'm gay for satin, Nick. Razz

And flat black is NEVER ok. Unless it's the charred remnants of what used to be a subaru... Wink

And Roo, It's Rustoleum. From walmart. 7 bucks a quart. Thin it with acetone til it's thin enough to shoot, about the consistency of water (about 3:1 ish) and have at it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Ray, call me I have some experience with shooting from a gun, my tank is 25 gal and I have the gun that came with the compressor. We could do Red White and Blue for this weekend for you Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: But honey, they just keep following me home...   But honey, they just keep following me home... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

But honey, they just keep following me home...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next