GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

@ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!

Go down 
+5
95BRMW
DBeaSSt
brokecello
BigBlackBeaSSt
Lynol
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

@ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Empty
PostSubject: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:08 am

Saw this stunning near mint '92 OCC with almost the exact same options as mine, except this one had a factory CD player. The car had Virginia plates "ROCKT 8". I've never seen this car before, but that plate sounds extremely familiar. If not from here, somewhere on the internet. The car had 69k miles, and I've never seen an interior so clean on one of these. Even the engine bay was SPOTLESS. The whole car really made mine look like a POS. I went back like 5 times during the day but the owner was never there. Anyone know who's it is? Is it one of our boys?
@ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! GM%252520Nationals%2525202011%252520075
@ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! GM%252520Nationals%2525202011%252520078
@ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! GM%252520Nationals%2525202011%252520077
@ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! GM%252520Nationals%2525202011%252520076
@ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! GM%252520Nationals%2525202011%252520119

Last edited by Lynol on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : gross misspellings)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:14 am

I like what they did with the radiator crossmember and damn thats a beautiful wagon.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:25 am

Help me out here, Jim. What did they do?

Lynol - just leave a note on it somewhere with the forum address and a little bit of info. That's what I would do.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:55 am

Stingroo wrote:
Help me out here, Jim. What did they do?

Lynol - just leave a note on it somewhere with the forum address and a little bit of info. That's what I would do.
If I had a pen or paper, I would have. I'm home now. Hoping someone can ID it, I'm positive I've seen that plate online. I think Jim might be talking about the rad support being painted body color, which I think was a TBI era thing. I know on my LT1 Caprice it's black, but my OCC it's body color.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 3:23 am

And yes Lynol you are correct about the radiator crossmember!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:36 am

That is Mike P's wagon. DBEAST!!

Very clean wagon. Who's roadmaster was there?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:38 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:

They seperated us up again this year. Stuck Mike away from the other B-bodies........

I was with the Impala's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:18 am

Ah. Yeah mine is body-color too.

I never noticed that. Cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:22 am

Yeah, that is "Red". I picked it up from Memphis for him. That wagon only has 70K or so on it. Little old lady owned it. LOL!

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t638-not-to-be-outdone

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:24 am

Oh wow, someone got pics of my car! Would you mind emailing me those? I forgot my camera... ugh....

Thanks for the complements too guys. 69K on the odometer inching ever closer to 70K. Sadly she started hesitating on the way home last night so I gotta figure out what's going on.

Great day yesterday too, overcast and no rain. Though the turnout overall was certainly down from 2010.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:53 am

Thats a gorgeous looking wagon! Really makes me want to repaint my OCC. Lynol wasn't the only one taking pics of it, seems like every time we went by it someone was snapping some photos.
The show seemed to have a small turn out, where there any Roadmasters? I saw 2 in the parking lot but didn't see any on the show field.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: AH HA!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:23 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:

Ah ha! So this is where I must have seen that plate: http://www.prosise.name/cars.html
Oh, and Tim I was very disappointed, I saw no Roadmasters at all. :-(
I was sort of surprised at the rather low amount of cars in general. I could probably count on my hands how many Buicks I saw at all...
I went to the Chrysler Nationals in 2008, sort of thought it would be really big like that. Still though I had a good time, and will go again next year -but I'll bring my OCC.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:40 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
Oh wow, someone got pics of my car! Would you mind emailing me those? I forgot my camera... ugh....

Thanks for the complements too guys. 69K on the odometer inching ever closer to 70K. Sadly she started hesitating on the way home last night so I gotta figure out what's going on.

Great day yesterday too, overcast and no rain. Though the turnout overall was certainly down from 2010.

Your car was truly something to see, I sure hope you go to Wagonfest. Below is a link to the pics on my Picasaweb account. If you click on a photo there's a download drop down box at the top you can download the full-resolution photo.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lynolsoffice/2011GMNationals
Also, now that the mystery is solved, maybe a mod can move this into the pics & vids section?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:10 pm

When I stayed at Mike's and he wasn't home, I was sneaky and looked under the car cover in his garage. It is a beautiful example of of a Cruiser.

@ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! 101_0150

That's the most Cruisers I have ever seen together (3). There was only Lynol and mine at WF that year (2) and I DID have two at home. I dunno but I think there may have been a fourth one in the field behind where I took the picture Not sure there were so many.....even my son said and I thought YOU had a problem, lol. Mike's got the space for sure, I'm jealous
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:32 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
69K on the odometer inching ever closer to 70K. Sadly she started hesitating on the way home last night so I gotta figure out what's going on.

Not to worry; it's just not broken in yet. Get it up to around 200,000 miles and it'll purr like a kitten. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 12:45 pm

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
DBeaSSt wrote:
69K on the odometer inching ever closer to 70K. Sadly she started hesitating on the way home last night so I gotta figure out what's going on.

Not to worry; it's just not broken in yet. Get it up to around 200,000 miles and it'll purr like a kitten. Razz

Oh no, I'm keeping the miles low on this one. Wink Blue2 gets 'driven'. "only" 125ish on that one though. LOL! Sorry to say 'Red' will not be at WF, Blue2 will be making the trip. Thanks for the links to the pics too!

I saw no Roadmaste'rs either. There were several last year including mine.

EDIT: And moving to pics section as requested. Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Mike how long did it take you to get your OCC looking like that? My OCC is sitting at 70541
miles as it sits.And while its cherry your wagon takes "cherry" to a whole new level.Did you
buff out the radiator support?Beautiful car Mike!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 2:27 pm

That is a gorgeous car!!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 4:56 pm

Beautiful OCC Smile

Need to paint that water pump though Wink
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:43 pm

Mike, sorry I missed you at Carlisle, but I look forward to seeing you and your blue 2 at WF!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:10 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:

...seriously...this is a joke right? Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Ladies and gentlemen... even Mike approves of the detail level of this vehicle.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks again guys. The water pump is actually fairly new. I'll get another new one some day and have it painted BEFORE it goes on. Wink I actually cheated and shot a little semi-gloss on the front of the intake just before I headed up. It was bugging me.

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike how long did it take you to get your OCC looking like that? My OCC is sitting at 70541
miles as it sits.And while its cherry your wagon takes "cherry" to a whole new level.Did you
buff out the radiator support?Beautiful car Mike!

Thanks Jim. I can't take too much credit. The only work I've had done on the car is a PDR guy to fix the dings. The tailgate had a dent so it got fixed/painted and I had the front bumper cover (top) painted as there were chunks of paint missing. Chris (brokecello) picked up that car for me in TN and did a full detail on it before it was brought up to me. So really all I have to do is keep it clean and waxed. Wink

The radiator support was already nice, I just waxed it. Wink

And to be honest those pics make it look a lot better than it is. Paint is checking on the hood and roof, as well as some scratches scattered around. She'll get a full repaint as soon as I have the money. I had the hood open 'cause the engine bay looks better than the hood paint. Very Happy

The interior though is MINT. I have yet to see one this nice really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!   @ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

@ Carlisle: Who's OCC is this? SOLVED: it's DBeaSSt's!
Page 1 of 1