GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick in PA

1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question Empty
PostSubject: 1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question   1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Hello Group,
I have a 1990 Buick Estate that the blower motor does not work. Its a 42K mile car. I had it in storage a few years and I figured I would get it on the road and enjoy her for a bit before I sell it. Anyway, I dont have the shop manual and I have never owned a GM square body. I checked the fuses and they look good although there is no fuse dedicated to the blower. The control itself looks like a pain to remove since at first glance it looks like alot of the dash has to come off. Is there a blower relay located somewhere? Is the blower accessable from under the dash or outside the car? If someone has the manual and knows what fuse controls the blower that would nice too. Its pooring rain here today in northeast PA so I didnt get a good look at the setup. Its alot dryer if I research it on the internet first. If anyone had this issue I can use some advice.

HAve a great 4th of July, God Bless America!
Nick in PA
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: 1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question   1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 8:26 pm

Replacing the blower motor isn't too bad. It's under the hood on the passenger side of the car. Also, when I bought it, the guy at Autozone said that they fail all the time. So if he's right, the problem lies there and not in the controller. Autozone sells them for $20 or less.

Edit: I'm describing the Electra Estate Wagon. If you have the LeSabre Estate Wagon, I don't know about them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Nick in PA

PostSubject: Re: 1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question   1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 10:52 pm

It was the blower motor. This was by far the easiest fix ever. 5 quarter inch easily accessable screws hold it in under the hood. 2 push on wire connections. I pulled it out, hot wired it to the battery and it was dead. I picked up a replacement at Advanced for $14.99 and had it back in the car in just minutes. Now I have working AC in a 21 year old 42K car. MAybe I wont sell it. Im getting attached.
HAve a nice night,
Nick in PA
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question   1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:02 pm

14.99??
thats a steal,.

Nick
in canada.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question   1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 11:05 pm

Way to go Nick in pa.Better not sell a 21 year old 42k mile car with working AC as you will
regret it very soon.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: 1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question   1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Way to go Nick in pa.Better not sell a 21 year old 42k mile car with working AC as you will
regret it very soon.
Jim Gordon

Until you posted, every person in this thread was named Nick. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com

PostSubject: Re: 1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question   1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Yea I noticed that too!If we keep getting members named Nick ,we may have to give you Nicks
a number at the end of your name!LOL
Jim
Back to top Go down
Nick in PA

PostSubject: Re: 1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question   1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Well I got the Buick Estate through the over reaching PA state inspection system today. The car hasnt been inspected since 2007 but it passed today with no issues. PA even pulls at least 2 wheels looking for trouble. SO after sitting for nearly 4 years, I repl the blower motor, alternator, one headlight, wiper blades and an oil change and its running fine. Ac is cold too. Now I can drive her on the roads without fear of a ticket for over due inspection.
Nick in PA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question   1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1990 Buick Estate Blower Motor question
Page 1 of 1