GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos

Go down 
+14
Bewber
phantom 309
toomanytoyz
1993 Roady-man
oldscruiser
buickestate
81X11
95BRMW
Cadet57
BigBlackBeaSSt
lakeffect
lornejay1
Sprocket
200OZ
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 11:47 pm

lol, just googled it and you are about a hour away.
Geezzz, do you even have a red light in that township? : )
All I saw was the post office.

Edited my prior post but I will ask again,

Do you mind if I post the video on my cardomain site?
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:09 am

Man that is gonna bug me for awhile missing out on such a fun time.

IIIIIIII DUNNNNNNOOOO yacht,looks like maybe the Envoy was pulling away on you at times Suspect
Regardless in the second video you had a mirror full of a Black Buicks grill on a few turns. confused

I sure wish Nick would have had a run at the Envoy, just to see him drive in the rearview mirror.I loved Nick taking a peek on the inside of the car behind yacht in the second video a couple of times lol!

I have raced that course at least 1000 times on my nascar game,2hr races at times,and I was absolutely lovin it it you guys.

I never saw the Boot section before,looked cool.

Lorne
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:56 am

Had a great time! For those who weren't there, here's a picture of "home cake" right after I finished frosting it. It took 4 boxes of cake mix, a dozen eggs and 4 jars of frosting! I learned some lessons about baking cakes this weekend, like that frosting gets soft in the heat so make sure there's enough cake under it! Anyway, for not ever having made a cake before, it came out better than I expected and actually tasted good.

Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Home_c10

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:06 am

Great video's Doug.... Thanks.

I thought I was all over your bumper until I saw Mike, but that is the way he drives everyday!!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:52 am

oldscruiser wrote:
Huh....., I thought at the end of your video, I saw a lead SUV with flashing lights, and some guy step out...., At least I thought it was a SUV..., you know how they all look alike... Wink

Did you have to sign off on something, and was there fine print on rules? (would be curious as to what they were)

Not sure how all that works..., if they just say show me the money, and you can drive on my track, or do they have someone that gives a 10 minute safety & rule lecture?

I know when I used to do cart racing, they would have this long safety & Rule lecture that you had to sit through each time, even though you had heard the speech a hundred times prior.

Was the guy in the SUV with you guys, or was he just signed in with you because he had signed up for the Thun Rd. excursion, and just happen that you guys got stuck with him.

Personally..., I think I'd went up to him prior to going on to the track, and said that the Track officials wanted to speak with him prior to going on the track, and may have suggested that they said since he was in a SUV and the hight of his vehicle might impede other drivers if he was to loose control of his high riding SUV, so for safety reasons, he needed to be in the back of the crowd. Wink

Just saying.... Rolling Eyes

Yes rules did apply.

No passing
55 MPH - sure
No bump drafting

The SUV was two couples out for a Sunday cruise. I said something to him when we took a break (start finish line) and he indicated I could go ahead for the last lap. He then immediately jumped in front of me when we started up again. What a dink!!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:59 am

oldscruiser wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
1993 Roady-man wrote:
Oh Nick if u and I get hooked up on getting your ride painted you are stripping that spray bomb **** off it before I touch it.

Ok,. you'll need it stripped to put on the red right?

Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Californiaredwagon2

Nick

Man, nice OCC. Who's is that in arrest me red?

Looks like a Buick..... the tail lights, big mirrors unless the doors were changed it is a 95/96 Roady.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:00 am

Nick,... i'm not sure if my spray gun can spray red on your wagon,.... since my future wagon will be red. Pretty sure it's only good for one wagon. Now it can spray black all day long.

Lynol excellent job on the cake. I like the fact that the frosting melted a bit into the cake. It made it very moist.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:17 am

Glad you got a picture of the cake Lynol. And thanks for doing that, tasted and looked good! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:48 am

Tim,

Are you sure about that red wagon? ( Heh.., red wagon) Rolling Eyes
That trim around the rear qtr window, and the roof rack looks a awfully like a 91 OCC.
Grant you that the side mirror are more modern, but the tailgate and bumper have been modded as well. As a matter of fact, where the heck is the license plate?
Does it belong to anyone here on the forums?
Ahhhh, clue I just noticed.., look at the dashboard with the steering wheel.
Notice the angled dash (dog ear I call it)
So it's at least a 91, 92 if it's an olds..., not sure if 93's came with that dashboard on buick's and chevy's
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 am

Quarters are either RMW or 91 OCC. Roof racks are TBI but easily changed. Dash is definitely TBI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 am

Alan

With all the changes it is about impossible to tell unless we see the inside..... But I agree it must be pre 1994
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:13 am

[/quote]

Yes rules did apply.

No passing
55 MPH - sure
No bump drafting

The SUV was two couples out for a Sunday cruise. I said something to him when we took a break (start finish line) and he indicated I could go ahead for the last lap. He then immediately jumped in front of me when we started up again. What a dink!![/quote]

LOL, hmmmm rules huh? Thank god rules where meant to be broken. Very Happy

No passing : Well.., in the video's I did not see anyone pass, but I did notice that a lot of the crowd that started out fairly close when getting on the track, somehow managed to drop behind out of sight. Hmmmm.
Wonder what they where doing out of sight back there? I bet they were secretly passing each other. Very Happy
The only wagon that look like it was going to pass was the black one (Nick?) and for some strange reason, I was cheering him on, pass, pass pass..., but hey, who doesn't like a good challenge. Thought he might do it a couple of times. Shocked

55 MPH : yeahhhhh....., that was kind of shot when someones wife said "you shouldn't be going 70mph"
Of course, it's always good to have a audio navigation system to keep you safe. Wink

No bump drafting : again big black wagon very close to the camera car. I know he could taste taking the lead.
I bet if he had one more lap, he would have decided to take it. : )

On the SUV : Yeah, what a Dink, or other 4 letter word you can insert. I think what that "Sure Ugly Vehicle" needed was a B body bump. Now, I'm not saying that I would actually do this, (thought about it though) but maybe that SUV needed to be the meat between to slices of heavenly B body goodness. I bet I could have talked Nick into it, and made the SUV guy and the pace truck piss their pants. Shoot, it's nothing more than I do on 95 now. lol ; )

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:36 pm

We've already shown the mph rule was for highways. Plenty of us (without wives in the car Razz ) saw 80's and never got closer to the red pace truck. And at that, I was driving one handed and shooting video with the other.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:51 pm

But we did not have to keep looking over our shoulder for the Po Po! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:19 pm

Pfft, Tim you've driven in North Florida. We don't bat an eye at 85-90mph. Neither do the cops. LOL
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 pm

In a straight line.......
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:11 pm

lol, I have to remember to speed up when I come home to Jacksonville, or I will get run over.
Unlike here in No.Va., if you get above 45 MPH on I-95, you are considered Flying, and most times you are just sitting on the 95 parking lot.
Also, I make it a point to carry a Box of Krispy Kreme's in the car with me when in Florida...,
Just incase I do get pulled over. Very Happy
Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Simpsons%20Cop
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 4:11 pm

oldscruiser wrote:
lol, just googled it and you are about a hour away.
Geezzz, do you even have a red light in that township? : )
All I saw was the post office.

Edited my prior post but I will ask again,

Do you mind if I post the video on my cardomain site?
No worries about posting the vid. Feel free.

As far as my town goes. There are only Stop Signs. No traffic lights at all. It's kind of neat in that respect. We have a mandated 1% or less growth rate. That means very few building permits per year. We also have a 5 acre minimum for building a new house. The negative to this is our taxes are a bit higher than other towns in the area.

lornejay1 wrote:
Man that is gonna bug me for awhile missing out on such a fun time.

IIIIIIII DUNNNNNNOOOO yacht,looks like maybe the Envoy was pulling away on you at times Suspect
Regardless in the second video you had a mirror full of a Black Buicks grill on a few turns. confused

I sure wish Nick would have had a run at the Envoy, just to see him drive in the rearview mirror.I loved Nick taking a peek on the inside of the car behind yacht in the second video a couple of times lol!

I have raced that course at least 1000 times on my nascar game,2hr races at times,and I was absolutely lovin it it you guys.

I never saw the Boot section before,looked cool.

Lorne

I really didn't want to tailgate them. Every time I caught up to them they slowed down. So I pulled back a bit so I could have fun without having to stand on the brakes at every corner.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:13 pm

If your not standing on the brake at the corners your not going fast enough! Twisted Evil

Mike, aka: The black Buick
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Brakes..., Where we're going we don't need brakes! : ) ( nod to back to the future )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos   Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagonfest New York 2011 Photos
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2