GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ABS Pump/Motor Assm.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vettfingers

ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Empty
PostSubject: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:39 am

Checking to see if anybody has had any luck in finding a company to rebuild the ABS Pump/Motor Assm. I have a 91 Custom Cruiser. I ran diagnostics on it twice and it came back as this was the problem. I understand this is a common problem on these cars. I tryed a few rebuilders, but all say they do not have the parts to rebuild these. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 1:52 am

I can get you a used one. If you want a couple for spares I can do that too. The 91-93s will all fit. I would have to charge $200 each plus shipping. If you have a P-N-P yard nearby, you would do well to pick it yourself.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Fred are all the B & D body units interchangeable from 91 to 93 looks like I myself may have a bad one? Brakes work then they dont, and just noticed the bottom of the abs unit is damp
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:41 pm

I do not know if the D body part is the same. There is one 93 D body about 35 miles from me, but I was not planning to go there unless a wagon shows up. It may even be crushed by now, they only stay in the yards for about a month and a half.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Hmmmm.................Ok looks like I am going back to the boneyard to do some searching
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:23 pm

Robert,did you just find the dampness underneath the ABS today or has it been there all along?
Jim
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Noticed it yesterday at the show, cleaned it up, and its back and shure enough it brake fluid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Well I just went out and checked mine and its bone dry and I am glad of it.Does look like it might
have been leaking a while back from the MC but its dry now too.
Thanks Robert
Jim
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Did you ever get an ABS unit? This weekend there is a 1/2 price sale at the local LKQ, and I may be able to get one for you at a better price...about $100 plus shipping.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Did you ever get an ABS unit? This weekend there is a 1/2 price sale at the local LKQ, and I may be able to get one for you at a better price...about $100 plus shipping.

It hasnt been bad till yesterday. As long as I bled them, and kept an eye on the fluid level it was doing good for a while. Yesterday that all went south as the leak has worsened. Crying or Very sad

Well after doing alittle research I found that the Units from a 91 to 93 Caprice will work as well. My local pull-a-part has 3 of them there so I am heading there tomorrow they sell them for $36.00 0r $46.00 with a warranty. Shocked

Thats a heck of alot cheaper than $1200.00 through work which also includes my discount and thats even before uncle sam's tax affraid
Back to top Go down
Javier Munoz

Javier Munoz

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 4:48 pm

I had the same problem with my 92 Roadmaster and after hearing what the price was to replace it I decided to take it off. I wasn't happy with the ABS before. Not sure if the occasional pulsing of the brake pedal was due to the ABS going bad or if this was normal operation. I took the ABS out and joined the brake lines with short brake lines and have not had any problems since. The brakes work great without it but I really don't know what a good working ABS equiped wagon feels like.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Well for now my salvage yard unit has been working fine. Now I need to replace my VSS, and I should be good to go. So now its time to cencentrate on doing mods.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:20 pm

If it is for the wagon, there are 2 types. One for the 40 tooth + and one for 39 and less. The wagons usually have the 40 + units, but check to be sure. You can check here http://www.transmissioncenter.net/ and scroll down to the speedometer section...the link will take you to a page on VSS gears.

Check your VSS module under the dash too. If your cruise control works, it may not be your VSS, or the VSS module.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Thats why I'm thinking the VSS - Speedometer & Cruise only works after being driven a short while. ABS acts funky at times as well, and I had just learned it could be do to the VSS?

Now I am to understand there is more than one? when i look up the part at work they only show one available, and i assume its the one off the trans that we have available
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:25 am

1phastsswagon wrote:
Noticed it yesterday at the show, cleaned it up, and its back and shure enough it brake fluid
Okay, someone help me out here. A leak generally means a loose, cracked or rusted out fitting, seal, etc. Is the case of the thing cracked? Why is it unrepairable?

Tip of the day from stupid: I 'exercise' my anti-locks whenever it's convenient. Almost nobody does, because they are scared of it. I figure that if it never gets cycled, it freezes up or the same bit of fluid stays in it, etc. In a heavy rain on smooth pavement, or in wintertime, when I see a patch of snow or ice in my way and there's nothing to hit, I lock 'em up and let the motor cycle for a few seconds. It's what it was made to do, so DO IT!... This HAS to help keep the unit from aging.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm

On mine it was leaking out of one of the solenoid seals on the side. Research on it found out its a common problem. Easiest two ways to fix it

1 - Boneyard Replacement

2 - Remove it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABS Pump/Motor Assm.   ABS Pump/Motor Assm. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ABS Pump/Motor Assm.
Page 1 of 1