GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Empty
PostSubject: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:41 am

I've still not pulled the tail gate trim off to figure out why the gate only opens to the side. When I replaced the lower tail gate hinge I glued the plastic relaese handles on in addition to using the two screws, and now I'm sure they'll break when I try to remove them...

I'm also still planning to re-paint the black luggage rack, and yesterday I went to back out of the driveway and half of the headliner over the 3rd seat is now hanging down. Doh.

I think the dealer I bought the car from replaced the headliner...and the glue has just come loose, because the padding still feels like it's attached to the cloth....I "might" be able to re-glue it and not have to replace it....wheels see.

Going to have to put aside a weekend and fix all this crap... Never a dull moment. Also have not touched the plugs and wires on the car....have no idea if they have ever been changed. Car runs like a watch but now that I've hit 100K figure it's time. Read that replacing the wires on these is a bear of a job. Time to suck it up.

Such fun.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:59 am

Sounds like mine...

-Get snow tires mounted
-Have the passenger door tint reapplied because of dust inside
-Get to bodyshop to get holes/studs filled and painted
-Find a day to drop fuel tank to check resistance on the sending unit due to bad gauge.
-scrap off loose undercoat and reapply before winter.
-Meet up with my buddy about 45 minutes away and install my 9C1 cluster FINALLY....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:18 am

If you pull the water pump off the wires are ALOT easier....still a PITA though.

I had original wires and opti cap/rotor untile 135K. I wouldn't mess with it if it's running like a watch, spend that time on the Cutlass
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:23 am

Sprocket wrote:
If you pull the water pump off the wires are ALOT easier....still a PITA though.

I had original wires and opti cap/rotor untile 135K. I wouldn't mess with it if it's running like a watch, spend that time on the Cutlass

Yeah I know....it never ends. Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

I am with John concerning your plugs and wires.If its running good and no changes in your gas
mileage,leave it alone.Make your "Gutless Cutlass"into a beast instead and then start the goat
restoration!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I am with John concerning your plugs and wires.If its running good and no changes in your gas
mileage,leave it alone.Make your "Gutless Cutlass"into a beast instead and then start the goat
restoration!
Jim

The Goat is at the end of a long list. Will have to tackle the headliner and tailgate on the wagon....driving me nuts. Need to gather more salvage yard parts for the Cutlass and then that project WILL get done.

Such fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 12:08 pm

You mean driving me nuttier not "driving me nuts" because you are only 1 signature away from
the loony bin!
Laughing
Jim
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:08 pm

You should make a list of all the little dick around projects you've done to all the other cars /trucks/boats that aren't the GTO - just to see what you've decided was more important. Repainting the roof rack has trump? really?

What are you afraid of? Why do you even have it?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:32 pm

Bewber wrote:
You should make a list of all the little dick around projects you've done to all the other cars /trucks/boats that aren't the GTO - just to see what you've decided was more important. Repainting the roof rack has trump? really?

What are you afraid of? Why do you even have it?

Once I start a project....I don't (can't) usually stop. I'm not financially able to dive into the GTO just yet. For now it's in the garage, safe, dry, and clean....waiting to be brought back to life.

I've thought of selling it, but doubt if I'd ever get the chance to get another real GTO. Even LeMans and Tempests are getting high dollar.

It will get done some day. For now it's on hold. If the day comes where it would have to be parked outside, I'd sell it.

Besides, it makes such a great Haloween decoration!

-Mike

The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Halloween011

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Oh yeah... I forgot about the GTO.... Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 pm

GT-what?
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Sounds like mine...

-Get snow tires mounted
-Find a day to drop fuel tank to check resistance on the sending unit due to bad gauge.
-Meet up with my buddy about 45 minutes away and install my 9C1 cluster FINALLY....

9C1 cluster, I didn't send you it yet......So what gives.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:06 pm

rh96ss wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Sounds like mine...

-Get snow tires mounted

9C1 cluster, I didn't send you it yet......So what gives.

YOU are the person I owe money to! I deleted all my PM's so I couldn't think of who I owed...
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:08 pm

I just saw the other thread.....It was $50 plus shipping for a 9C1 cluster sitting in my attic or garage cabinets from March or April.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....   The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The wagon "to-do" list is getting longer....
Page 1 of 1