GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone know whose wagon this is?

Go down 
+5
Al H.
Cadet57
81X11
200OZ
4501 Safari
9 posters
AuthorMessage
4501 Safari

Anyone know whose wagon this is? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 10:40 pm

Found it for sale listed as in Miami, FL. Has the nicest roll pan treatment I have seen. Would like to know where the pan is from.

Here's the link: http://florida.locateanyauto.com/automobiles/trade-buick-estate-roadmaster-wagon.html

Photos at: http://www.use.com/9287f6c0c3d3a6787a94?p=1#photo=1

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 pm

Richard which car are you interested in?
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:57 am

That looks SWEET.

I wonder what that radio is. An aftermarket that looks factory. I like that a lot.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:25 am

X2 on the radio, any one have any idea?

Mike
Back to top Go down
4501 Safari

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:07 am

I referenced the wrong ad for the wagon in the photos and am trying to locate the original ad but...oh Lordy...take a look at this for $3K! Note the T-56 setup.
http://missouri.locateanyauto.com/automobiles/roadmaster-wagon-caprice-with-lt1-and-t-56-6-speed-manual-tran.html

I wish I could take a look at this car. It has to be worth the price for the parts alone.

HERE is the link to the one in the photo link in my first post. It says North Ft Myers, FL. So many wagons, so little money!!!

http://florida.locateanyauto.com/automobiles/1994-buick-roadmaster-estate-wagon-350-lt1.html

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 2:18 am

Anybody figure out what radio that is?? I want that in mine. Sharp!!
Back to top Go down
4501 Safari

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:50 am

The Radio ...

I'd have suggested contacting the person through the online ad but it is no longer available. Perhaps you can contact through the photo album if that is still up.What is so special about the radio?

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:49 pm

It's the proper 1.5 DIN size and appears to have some modern features (notice the button with the talking head on it - bluetooth?)
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Stingroo wrote:

I wonder what that radio is.

200OZ wrote:
X2 on the radio, any one have any idea?

81X11 wrote:
Anybody figure out what radio that is?? I want that in mine. Sharp!!

Dodge Caravan:

Anyone know whose wagon this is? Radio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:39 pm

I appear to have a mission.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:50 pm

Ebay here I come!
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Whoa. I didn't notice the AUX port. Hmmmmmmmmmmm... this just became a realistic idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Al H.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:17 pm

Stingroo wrote:
It's the proper 1.5 DIN size and appears to have some modern features (notice the button with the talking head on it - bluetooth?)

Isn't that a double DIN unit?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Looks like 1.5din. If its really that pressing I can go measure the one in the Town and Country at work. Laughing

That said, it looks like a very neat deck. Wonder what it takes to get one in...

Edit, that blows. It has satellite but for Sirius. I has XM. Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Satellite, pfft. No care about that.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:55 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Satellite, pfft. No care about that.

But I's needs ma 40's on 4!

(And Alt Nation, Fox News, and Classic Vinyl) Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:28 pm

Who out there wants to make me a harness?
Jim
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:55 pm

I would be interested to see if it fits and what it would take for it to fit . would love to have the satellite in the wagon ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:11 am

Thanks for the info Justin.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:25 am

200OZ wrote:
Thanks for the info Justin.

No problem. I spend enough time in the T&C that I've grown to know that radio like the back of my hand Laughing

That also said, its not a very bad unit. Button layout is good, display is nice for a stock unit and sound quality is good as well, thou that may have more to do with the speakers.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:25 pm

Is that a single CD or a dash changer? If it's got a built-in changer option, I'm really interested. Think that was an option on the Chrysler vans.

Love the stock look much better than aftermarket.

Who's going to build a harness....come on folks!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:27 pm

81X11 wrote:
Is that a single CD or a dash changer? If it's got a built-in changer option, I'm really interested. Think that was an option on the Chrysler vans.

Love the stock look much better than aftermarket.

Who's going to build a harness....come on folks!

-Mike

The one in the wagon ad was the single disc. The Ebay link Sting posted was also for the single disc version.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:33 pm

Look at this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/06-07-08-09-10-CHRYSLER-PT-CRUISER-OEM-6-DISC-CD-MP3-PLAYER-CHANGER-RADIO-STEREO-/290627508225?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&vxp=mtr&hash=item43aabfd801

Our '03 Burb has the factory 5-CD in dash changer. Looks like the above is a 6-disk. Would LOVE that in my wagon.

Again, what electrical brain on here is going to build us a harness??????

-Mike
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:13 pm

No AUX input on the 6-disc. I assume by MP3 it means MP3s burned to a disc?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:20 pm

mp775 wrote:
No AUX input on the 6-disc. I assume by MP3 it means MP3s burned to a disc?

That or MP3 via the Aux jack.
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:55 pm

There's no AUX jack on the "6 DISC - MP3" unit.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:06 pm

mp775 wrote:
There's no AUX jack on the "6 DISC - MP3" unit.

I'm aware. However, the single disc-the one we were initially discussing DOES.
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 5:10 pm

I saw; I was wondering about the 6 disc. Then I read the rest of the e-Bay listing and got the answer Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:12 pm

Got to admit that this radio looks damn good and blends well with our climate control.Sure has
all the modern features I would like to have in my wagons!
Jim
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 9:12 pm

I for one would love to upgrade the radio in my car. I already put the Monsoon in from a 2000 Buick regal and used an Alpine inline amp to emulate the Monsoon amp. It's good but there is no AUX input and frankly it's still just a standard radio with slightly better components.

The whole reason I went back to a GM radio is that the climate control dimmer is based in the factory GM radio. Has anyone come up with a way to emulate this? If so I would be very interested in this project. There are ton's of options some maybe even better than this Chrysler radio. I know it does not matter to the caprice owners but the climate control at full brightness on a dark highway at night is very annoying.

Or does the Chrysler radio have the same functionality and we could somehow use that.
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:09 pm

I would love to do the factory radio look . It keeps the window breakers away and my glass in tack ! So if some one makes a harness I would buy one . It does not hurt that I could move my sat radio over to the wagon for those long trips ! Cool
Back to top Go down
PatDTN

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 am

4501 Safari wrote:
Found it for sale listed as in Miami, FL. Has the nicest roll pan treatment I have seen. Would like to know where the pan is from.

Here's the link: http://florida.locateanyauto.com/automobiles/trade-buick-estate-roadmaster-wagon.html

Photos at: http://www.use.com/9287f6c0c3d3a6787a94?p=1#photo=1

Richard Snipes
4501 Safari in Jax, FL

That is a pretty sweet roll pan. Did you get it figured out? I see the discussion turned quickly to the radio and didn't come back. It must be something from a pickup to look that "tough" from behind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.patdonahue.com
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:32 am

Update on the Chrysler radio install into our cars. It's not going well, got the radio, got the harness... Doesn't work. This radio needs the Chrysler BCM to turn on. Mad This radio uses some thing called CANBUS, scratch study so it's a bit more involved than I thought, and I can't find anyone that has figured it out o give me any info. I have feelers out there to a few people, so we'll see. I'll update in the Audio/video section if there are any updates.

Mike
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:54 am

What radio are you trying? I have all the parts to rig up a 1999-ish Chrysler RAZ CD/cassette combo, just haven't put it together yet. It works fine hooked up to a 12V power supply on my dining room table, so I think it will work in the car.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:55 pm

This one , 2005 and up, though the '05 and '06 may be the better ones to use. Still trying to figure that out.
Anyone know whose wagon this is? 9287f6c0c3d3a6787a94_11

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 1:22 pm

Mike,that radio wont work with those wheels What a Face HINT HINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know whose wagon this is?   Anyone know whose wagon this is? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know whose wagon this is?
Page 1 of 1