GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Empty
PostSubject: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Guys need some help, thoughts or ideas. The wagons door locks have not worked since we got it a few weeks ago. After looking under the dash the wagon did have a aftermarket alarm in it at one time. Alarm was wired to the door lock solenoid/switch located down by the drivers foot area. I have removed all the old alarm wiring, relays etc etc. When I press the lock buttons on either door you can hear/feel the solenoid activating but the auto locks are still not working? Could it be that the lock solenoid (even though I hear / feel in activating) needs to be replaced?

Last edited by 1phastsswagon on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:59 pm

It could be the solenoid. Did you check the circuit breaker? The solenoid coil is on a seperate circuit from the lock servos.

Does the car have an OEM remote? I had a problem with the doors locking when my module failed.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Circuit Breaker? Ok fred where is that located if you are referring to the one in the fuse box, I assume its ok as its listed as also running the seats, and tailgate lock relay
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Yes the one in the fuse box.

You may have a broken or cut wire. The tan and gray wires go from the relay to the lock motors. The orange/black wire goes to the circuit breaker. Since the relay is activating, the black ground for the solenoid is good.

Check for battery voltage at the orange/black wire. If you have voltage at the orange/black wire it is probably the relay. You can also check the gray or tan wire for voltage when the switches are pressed. Tan is power for unlock, and gray is power for lock
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks for the info, I will dive into it tomorrow after work
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:43 pm

FIXED Very Happy Wound up being the door lock relay behind the drivers side kick panel. Easy $20.00 Fix.
AZ #19884

Now who knows what the RPO Code is for door lock remotes? scratch Would like to see if it originally had them, when we purchased the car none came with it, and if it was equipped I would like to get some for it.

You would think it would considering it has elec door locks, however I have been wrong before
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:48 pm

AU0 on the SPID
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 7:54 pm

THANKS - was hoping you would chime in Fred, and yup thats listed, going on the hunt for remotes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Robert,those GM remotes are all over ebay from 9 to 25 bucks!Just enter buick roadmaster
remotes!
Jim
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Thanks Jim looking on there now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED    Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto Door Locks not Working - NOW FIXED
Page 1 of 1