GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Auto locks?

Go down 
+3
Andebe
dmg4
94Woody
7 posters
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 8:36 am

The doors on my 95 Caprice lock automatically when the car is started. Very easy to lock keys in a running car because of this.

Is the factory? If so how do I disable the stupid feature?

If not, what in the world is going on?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 8:30 pm

Quick look through the owners manual proved what I already knew. Since it wasn't a factory option someone has installed something. So, when I got home from work I decided to take a look under the dash. Was greeted with a mess of wires and a big black box.......

Auto locks? DEW3wC4

It's marked GM so must have been dealer installed. I'm guessing its a keyless entry of some kind. When I bought the car it didn't come with any fobs and the kid told me to be careful not to close the door with the car running. Only a few of the wires were actually hooked up. By hooked up I mean a hack job of wires stabbed through wires and covered with tape.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:37 am

It looks like you have excised the demon system. I don't know what they charge in FL, but the local shops here charge about $90 to install a keyless entry system that includes 2 fobs on any 1990s GM wagon. They guarantee their work, and it takes less than 1 hr. It might be worth it to take it to a shop and pay the money to make that problem go away. One you've installed a few hundred of these, it goes pretty fast.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 8:58 am

No need to pay money to make the problem go away. That picture is from after I pulled that mickey mouse BS out of my wiring and before I tossed it into the garbage can. Cleaned up the wiring mess and the issue is gone.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 10:27 am

Looks like something that Ebay peeps would like. scratch
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 10:48 am

My 94 Caprice wagon, had the same rinky dinky setup. When I bought it, it didn't have any FOB's, so it was useless. I ripped it out and cleaned up the mess.

Tom
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 1:34 pm

I was checking the Transmission fluid level and the door closed just enough to latch. I have an unlock kit but was having issues. Was about to smash a window when I decided to pull the battery cable since the hood was up. Engine died and the doors unlocked.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 12:31 am

Once I finally get a wagon of my own I'm going to put either a Viper or CompuStar system in it
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 4:25 pm

My 96 rmw automatically unlocks all the doors every time I turn it off. Can that be disabled?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2018 7:50 pm

Check the owner's manual, or an FSM. There is a sequence of buttons that you can press on the remote that will enable basic or full function. You must do both remotes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Auto locks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auto locks?   Auto locks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto locks?
Page 1 of 1