GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl Empty
PostSubject: Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl   Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:29 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl   Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 pm

If I go thru all that trouble of stripping off all the old stuff,something exotic like teak or mahogany
is going back on.Didnt realize how costly the plastic really is.
Jim
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl   Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:39 pm

I cost me 340 bucks to re-crate my 93 sedan nosed woody
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl   Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:43 pm

buickestate wrote:
I cost me 340 bucks to re-crate my 93 sedan nosed woody

You used darker wood too right? Was it 3M?

Our 78 Grand Safari had really dark wood, and then we traded for the '86 Electra with light-colored wood. Can't decided which I liked better.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl   Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Thats new! Stripeman never had that the last time I went to their site. Another place to check out is woodgrain4wagons.Lots of cool colors. http://www.woodgrain4wagons.com/colors.html
Back to top Go down
Al H.

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl   Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:19 am

I'm almost positive both of those places use Sharpline Converting digital woodgrain which is printed on 3M high performance film, 3M Di-Noc film is much heavier and is mostly used for architectural applications now.
They don't sell to the public so you have to get it through a sign or graphics outfit.
That woodgrain wagons place just sells overpriced sections off the 8' roll in the approximate lengths needed like the width of the fender or doors. It doesn't work, you need the full lengths to do it right across the doors and to do end matching, lots of waste.
I'm a carpenter/cabinetmaker and have been matching grain for 40 years and know how it's supposed to look when it's done and his way ain't it. I went round and round with that guy, he was a sign guy that got into wagon woodgraining and shows it. I drew up and sent him drawings he requested about applications because he had no clue that Vistas used 9 separate pieces for the sides and doubted me, never heard a word back from the unappreciative jerk after all that, should have billed him.
I found the best price at New Life auto trim in CA, It's drop-shipped from the Sharpline plant located in the Midwest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl   Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Thanks Al and I am going to contact New Life.Do you have any idea what a fair price for enough
vinyl to cover our wagons is going to cost?I still would like to use an exotic grain though!
Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl   Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacement Woodgrain Vinyl
Page 1 of 1